An AKQA group company, the Millipede team create mobile experiences that make people learn, laugh, and tap play one more time. Firm believers in the transformative power of education, creativity and technology, they use human-centric design to turn complex ideas into beautiful games, applications and programs.
As an iOS Developer, you will bring your extensive experience developing iOS apps to our collaborative multidisciplinary environment, working on a world-class application with a mature agile development methodology. You’ll be working on ground-breaking, play-based learning games, chart-topping games, and award-winning gamification campaigns. And you’ll create these exceptional games and apps for high-profile clients across government, healthcare, financial services and retail.
At AKQA Melbourne, you will work in a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Mobile development and delivery across the entire application life cycle
- Proactively identify development tasks required to implement solutions
- Understand and communicate feasibility of proposed solutions, including impact on technical delivery effort
- Estimate time to complete tasks, assess and report accurately on progress, and meet deadlines for delivery of work
- Produce technically sound work that meets high standards for performance, reliability and maintainability of code
- Work with experience design disciplines to realise compelling, high fidelity, platform-sensitive user interfaces and experiences that fulfil documented requirements
- Integrate applications with external systems, services, environments and APIs
- Optimise performance of applications and tools
- Debug application behaviour, and thoroughly comprehend and communicate the execution of code throughout the application flow to other developers
- Triage and resolve software defects
- Adopt an analytical, productive and positive attitude to continuous process improvement
- Embrace and demonstrate capability for development of new capabilities and skills on the job
- Share and showcase technical knowledge internally, participate in team meetings and embrace a culture of openness, learning and respect
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Demonstrable experience building iOS applications using Swift and Objective-C
- Strong knowledge of iOS frameworks, libraries and design patterns
- Robust understanding of native iOS SDKs
- Experience communicating with RESTful APIs
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Experience with dev-ops and continuous delivery practices
- Experience with agile development practices
- Demonstrable track record in developing high quality iOS apps
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.