At Millipede, an AKQA group company, we believe that the application of education, creativity and technology can make a meaningful difference to people’s lives.
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Learning Designer to work at Millipede, AKQA's award-winning app developer and interactive mobile experiences hub.
In this role, you will contribute to developing the learning design approach of apps for educational projects. You will work with other design disciplines to ensure our apps, games and activities are fun, appropriate for the target audience and achieve the learning design goals for the project. You will also help conduct play testing of early app designs with children.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate an understanding of how children learn, especially through play, and how that impacts app design.
- Interpret aspects of curriculum or learning-related documents to help determine project outcomes and creative solutions.
- Develop learning design documentation, such as functional specifications and content scripts.
- Draw on knowledge of learning to advise team members on the suitability of content and designs.
- Review learning content documentation and apps at different stages of development.
- Prepare for and conduct play testing sessions, analyse findings and report recommendations to team members.
- Brief and liaise with external subject matter experts.
- Work collaboratively with other team members, especially game designers, art designers and developers.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A background working in education, or qualification in education.
- A strong interest in the use of technology for learning.
- An understanding of learning principles.
- Experience producing digital resources, preferably apps for children.
- UX experience is advantageous.
- Experience and willingness to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent communication skills.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.