An AKQA group company, the Millipede team create mobile experiences that make people learn, laugh, and tap play one more time. Firm believers in the transformative power of education, creativity and technology, they use human-centric design to turn complex ideas into beautiful games, applications and programs.
Experience designers at Millipede apply artistry, craft and strategic insight to articulate impactful systems, products and services that move the world. Skilled storytellers and architects, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable.
In this role, you will contribute to the design of apps for educational projects. You will work with other design disciplines to ensure our apps, games and activities are fun, appropriate for the target audience and achieve the learning design goals for the project. You will also help conduct play and user testing of early app designs.
- Work with learning designers, game designers, art designers and developers to create interactive digital products aimed at users of all ages, especially children.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Design complex systems of interactions.
- Create user flows, IA, wireframes, prototypes, with the ability to generate and articulate concepts and ideas.
- Define users and ideas based on research and insights, and effectively document and communicate this point of view to stakeholders.
- Prepare for and conduct play and user testing sessions, analyse findings and report recommendations to team members.
- Liaise with external subject matter experts.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive work that spans product design and storytelling.
- Ability to develop creative design solutions to complex design problems.
- Expertise in cross-functional collaboration and a proven ability to understand the value that different design disciplines bring to the user experience solution.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Relentless attention to details, requirements and user outcomes.
- A strong interest in the use of technology for learning.
- Experience working on children's apps would be highly regarded.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.