The AKQA Technology team continually push boundaries with their enablement of brand experiences. Combining a technology agnostic approach and a philosophy of continuous improvement, they craft innovative and high quality solutions which play a vital role in the digital eco-systems of our world-class clients.
Principal web developers trail blaze new and innovative solutions using the latest browser-supported technologies, meeting clients’ needs. With extensive professional experience, they are a recognised expert on web development, demonstrating this by leading and inspiring your team.
Located next to good transport links in the heart of Clerkenwell, at AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. A working environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their field.
- Improve performance of web sites and applications based on a sound knowledge of browsers and networks.
- Lead and inspire other team members as a recognised expert on web development.
- Evangelises, applies and enforces agile practices and methods to the benefit of the team or project.
- Actively analyses new technologies, assesses their relative merits and promotes use within AKQA, successfully applying them to work practices.
- Relentlessly reviews the standard of work, ensuring that only work meeting the highest levels of quality are delivered.
- Consistently delivers high quality project tasks on time and to budget.
- Balance of industry best practices, principles, quality assurance and innovation in design and implementation.
- Constantly strives to improve processes and procedures.
- Consistently performs well against bill-ability and utilisation targets.
- Encourage and mentor peers and review code written by Senior Web Developers where appropriate.
- Maintain a professional and courteous demeanour at all times, especially when presented and exposed to client contact.
- Ensures delivery is to the highest standards at all times; receives a high level of internal and external client and team satisfaction.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Comprehensive previous professional experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrates an expert ability to troubleshoot and solve problems with front-end code.
- Part of an external community; whether through blogging, writing, meet ups or other forms of involvement.
- Lead and promote the development of internal AKQA software libraries and reusable components.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.