The User Experience team at AKQA are passionate about user experience, and at the forefront of new thinking and techniques. Responsible for the development of innovative customer experiences across a wide variety of channels and devices, the team use their own research, ideation and design, with minimal direction.
Our Associate User Experiences Directors are responsible for the development of innovative customer experiences across a wide variety of channels and devices, leading and managing all user experience activities across a client group. In addition to client responsibilities and working closely with other User Experience Directors and Senior User Experience Architects, our Associate User Experience Directors help support, grow and manage AKQA’s User Experience team.
Located next to good transport links in the heart of Clerkenwell, at AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. You will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, and you will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their field.
- Develop award-winning experiences working with AKQA Creative, Planning and Technology teams.
- Apply solid user experience and usability principles while looking for opportunities to innovate.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of all aspects of the UCD approach and the ability to apply them flexibly across a variety of project types.
- Able to use/introduce more advanced UCD techniques (rapid prototyping, remote testing, etc.) to improve efficiency in the user experience process and the quality of the solution.
- Able to contribute at a high level to overall strategic client approach, taking into account relevant marketplace, consumer and technology factors.
- Able to develop UE solutions for multiple locales while considering cultural sensitivities, componentisation of solutions for market rollout and language and script requirements.
- Able to develop UE solutions for a wide variety of platforms and devices including mobile, web, kiosk, TV, etc.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Extensive information architecture / content strategy / user experience / usability experience for blue-chip clients.
- Experience of line management and team development.
- Experience of working with standard IA and UCD tools and processes.
- Solid understanding of internet technologies.
- Experience of content management systems and e-commerce.
- Experience of cross-platform design.
- Knowledge of designing for social is highly beneficial.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.