At AKQA and Millipede, an AKQA group company, we believe that the application of education, creativity and technology can make a meaningful difference to people's lives.
Millipede employs design-led processes leveraging our core capabilities in learning experience, game design, art and engineering, to deploy technology-driven programmes that solve real human problems. We design and build mobile experiences and games for learning, raising awareness and training.
As a Senior Mobile Designer, you’ll bring your many years of experience and passion for good design to the table. Working with the Design Lead, you’ll be a part of team who strive to transform the complex in to the simple, collaborating with interdisciplinary project teams to craft beautiful and elegant mobile design solutions.
- Experience in concepting, ideation and wireframing across a multitude of disciplines.
- The ability to storyboard and scamp ideas that display clarity and direction.
- Strive to achieve the pixel perfect layouts in all your design work.
- Experience creating 3D scene layouts with unity integration.
- An ability to design, prototype and present creative UI concepts.
- 5 + years of visual design experience in a similar agency setting.
- An in-depth understanding of best practice for typography.
- Proficiency with asset production and technical setup.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Champion visual design and extension of key creative across all mobile and game
- An intellectual curiosity that demonstrates a strong sense of craft and championing user-centered design (UCD) processes and techniques.
- Identify opportunities to improve quality and increase efficiency through cross-discipline collaborative design.
- Apply solid user experience and usability principles while looking for opportunities to innovate.
- Demonstrate knowledge of many aspects of the UCD approach and the ability to apply them flexibly across a variety of project types.
- Extrapolate art and design assets from high-level concept artwork or style guides.
- Exceptional written and communication skills.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.