Hey there! We're AKKO - a venture funded & fast-growing insurtech company with a passionate, solution-forward, and collaborative team focused on disrupting the device protection space.
Our mission is simple – Leveraging technology to make protecting people’s tech easier and more affordable. Most people’s lives have become tech-centric and AKKO provides customers with peace of mind that their tech is safe guarded in a transparent and seamless way. When something breaks, no problem - our automated platform routes customers to local repair partners for the simplest and quickest resolution experience.
AKKO’s game-changing “Spotify of Device Protection” product and customer-obsessed focus has earned us the best reviews in the industry and top-ratings by Gadget Review, Investopedia, and more. We grew 11X in 2021, achieved industry-leading retention, and are just getting started!
- Design data modeling processes, create algorithms and predictive models to extract the data the business needs, and help analyze the data and share insights with colleagues and business partners
- Work as a lead data strategist, identifying and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand their goals and determine how data can be used to achieve those goals
- Identify relevant data sources and sets to mine for client business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables
- Analyze data for trends and patterns, and interpret data with a clear objective in mind
- Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with software developers and machine learning engineers
- Communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed to operational systems
WHAT MAKES YOU QUALIFIED
- Minimum five years experience working as a data scientist (preferably for a startup) with a bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent practical experience
- Actuarial knowledge or experience is a plus
- All around team player, fast, and self-learning individual
- Proactive and solution-forward, bias for action
- Ability to drive forward work independently while communicating and working across functions
- Passion for data
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience working on high-scale, production-grade projects
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT HERE
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Competitive health benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Robust 401k program – to invest in your future
- Monthly wellness stipend (e.g., gym yoga, meditation, etc..) – we value your well-being
- Monthly food stipend – treat yourself!
- Remote workspace stipend – Work from home or from a shared workspace — you decide.
- Paid volunteer time – giving back to our community is important to us!
- Annual learning credit –explore personal interests that excite you
- …and so much more!
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A team player with integrity. Our team is fostered around our core values:
- Respect: We build trust around our words and actions. We treat employees, customers, and the community with respect.
- Ingenuity: We focus on being proactive, solution-forward, and having a bias towards action.
- Collaboration: We prioritize communication, working together as a team, and collaborating with our customers and partners.
- Accountability: We accept responsibility and understand how to improve.
***CCPA disclosure notice at getakko.com/legal