Hey there! We're AKKO - a venture funded & fast-growing insurtech company with a passionate, solution-forward, and collaborative team focused on disrupting the device protection space.
Our mission is simple – Leveraging technology to make protecting people’s tech easier and more affordable. Most people’s lives have become tech-centric and AKKO provides customers with peace of mind that their tech is safe guarded in a transparent and seamless way. When something breaks, no problem - our automated platform routes customers to local repair partners for the simplest and quickest resolution experience.
AKKO’s game-changing “Spotify of Device Protection” product and customer-obsessed focus has earned us the best reviews in the industry and top-ratings by Gadget Review, Investopedia, and more. We grew 11X in 2021, achieved industry-leading retention, and are just getting started!
- Roll up your sleeves to get goals accomplished in a multi-functional, fast-paced team
- Lead engineers, scope business-impacting initiatives, and help manage projects
- Build user and partner-facing applications with a focus on scale and efficiency
- Facilitate partner integrations by participating in requirements gathering and development working sessions
- Help architect data pipelines for tracking user and attribution data
- Contribute to systems that identify and analyze risks related to fraud
- Bonus: architect data-driven AI/ML strategies to generate insights and value for our users and insurance partners
WHAT MAKES YOU QUALIFIED:
- Minimum three to five years development experience
- React Native
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Google Cloud Functions, Cloud Run
- Google BigQuery
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Amazon DynamoDB
- AWS Lambda
- Experience leading technical teams
- Follow best practices and design patterns: RESTful API design, Microservice architecture, relational and non-relational database design
- Cross-functional team experience with the ability to work independently and lead outsourced developers
- Excited about being part of a hyper-growth startup with a fun, scrappy mentality
- High intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn
- Highly analytical with strong ability to work with data
- Can implement efficient processes and drive fast execution
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT HERE
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Competitive health benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Robust 401k program – to invest in your future
- Monthly wellness stipend (e.g., gym yoga, meditation, etc..) – we value your well-being
- Monthly food stipend – treat yourself!
- Remote workspace stipend – Work from home or from a shared workspace — you decide.
- Paid volunteer time – giving back to our community is important to us!
- Annual learning credit –explore personal interests that excite you
- …and so much more!
WHAT ELSE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A team player with integrity. Our team is fostered around our core values:
- Respect: We build trust around our words and actions. We treat employees, customers, and the community with respect.
- Ingenuity: We focus on being proactive, solution-forward, and having a bias towards action.
- Collaboration: We prioritize communication, working together as a team, and collaborating with our customers and partners.
- Accountability: We accept responsibility and understand how to improve.
***CCPA disclosure notice at getakko.com/legal