Want to be a part of Asia Pacific & Japan’s (APJ) largest data centre business and ‘Grow@Hyperscale’?
AirTrunk is a technology company with a powerful purpose - to scale and sustain the relentless growth of the region’s digital future. We do this by continuously redefining and delivering hyperscale data centres that meet the needs of our customers, the world’s most transformational companies. And we’re doing so sustainably, for today and tomorrow.
Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres in 2017, we set our eyes on rapid expansion and now operate a platform of hyperscale data centres across the APJ region. With backing from our investors, including Macquarie Group, this is just the beginning…
Join us at AirTrunk, where the cloud meets the ground.
As Senior Design Manager reporting to our Technical Director - Design (who is based in Australia), you will work closely with our Technology team, making an impact in a number of ways:
- Help to ensure we deliver to our customers on time and on budget
- Lead the external design teams as our project technical lead
- Develop innovative mechanical cooling solutions for our data centres
- Collaborate with both internal and external construction and commissioning teams
- Drive continuous engineering solutions across the business by leading the design of customer-centric solutions
Your Day to Day
- Lead a project design team from inception to delivery of multi-MW hyperscale solutions
- Generate high-level schematics of mechanical cooling solutions
- Write Basis of Design documents to communicate design intent externally and internally
- Seek out, explore and technically qualify mechanical cooling system equipment and vendors
- During concept design phases:
- Select mechanical equipment and advise on quantity and capacity
- Perform rough equipment layouts
- Obtain technical information and parameters of all heat emitting equipment and communicate parameters to CFD analysts
- Collaborate with our top cloud and enterprise customers and communicate presentations on all aspects of design
- Develop high level master planning, space planning and engineering solutions for potential new developments (conceptual and feasibility stage)
- Produce consultant briefs to develop designs from feasibility stage through concept, scheme and detailed design stages, ensuring continuity of design philosophy and approach
- Coordinate technical aspects of direct procured equipment and facilitate alignment with the design team
- Understand commercial implications of engineering decisions and build cost models for customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering essential
- 15+ years' experience in design and project delivery across multiple industries with a focus on mechanical cooling systems
- 10+ years experience working for a data centre operator or previous data centre design experience in the Asia Pacific market as a consultant
- Strong leadership and foresight to lead multi-disciplinary teams across multiple geographies
- Exceptionally flexible and forward-thinking as you have to be ready for continuous change in direction
- Willing to make decisions and be accountable for them
- Excel at communication and can deliver effective presentations on data centre operations to customers, peers and management
- Proficient in Autocad and skilled in performing high level conceptual design layouts
- Understanding of both external and internal CFD analysis with ability to direct and advise CFD experts
- Willing to travel to other APAC regions on a regular basis
The AirTrunk Culture
Working at AirTrunk is a once in a lifetime opportunity to fast-track your career and make a positive impact. At AirTrunk, we’ll help you Grow@Hyperscale.
The pace of our industry means you’ll feel an electric atmosphere at AirTrunk. We are a team of challengers and collaborative problem solvers who break new ground every day. We do this by living our values; going above and beyond, and being dynamic, transparent and responsive.
Every AirTrunker brings their own unique background and diverse perspective to find solutions to problems that matter. We’ve created a flexible and safe working environment where everyone feels welcome, heard, and equal regardless of age, disability, gender, gender expression, marital or parental status, race, colour, religion or belief, national origin, sexual orientation or veteran status.
With a range of exciting employee benefits for you to choose from, we’ll help you stay positively charged in both your work and life.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**