AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres in Western Sydney and Melbourne, we set our eyes on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific. Since then, we’ve launched in Singapore, Hong Kong and Sydney North, and commenced development on a Tokyo data centre, set to open soon.
**Please note – this role can be based in any of our locations; Sydney, Melbourne, Singapore, Hong Kong or Tokyo (you need to be in that location already and have legal rights to work there)***
As the EHS Manager - Operations based in Sydney or Melbourne you will report directly to the Head of Safety and work closely with the rest of the Safety and Operations team, making your mark in a number of ways:
- You will be integral in building a safety culture by managing the health, safety and risk associated with business activities across operational data centre requirements in APAC
- You will drive implementation of excellence in WHS practice across the APAC footprint to ensure safety is a core value for all employees, contractors, and suppliers
- You will lead and manage all incident management processes to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment
- You will implement industry leading quality measures across the business that will lead to sustainable business outcomes
Your Day to Day
With a focus on operational data centres across APAC, you will:
- Embed safety as a core value and practice into operational execution
- Support the development of service contracts to be structured, resourced, and implemented for driving safe outcomes
- Champion the safety culture engaging with management, contractors, and staff at all levels, and implementing initiatives that embed the culture of safety in the business
- Work with the Head of Safety to develop the safety context across the business, drawing on industry standards, proven management practices and legislation across all jurisdictions.
- Implement and manage WHS policies and reporting whilst continually monitoring changes in policy and/or practices that may influence the safety context
- Determine the material safety risks and manage the necessary resources and processes allocated to manage and mitigate risks
- Support the development and implementation of the safety management system to support the company’s commitment to managing safety effectively
- Support the development and implementation of appropriate safety and quality standards, and contractual frameworks for suppliers
- Support the development and implementation of internal safety communications ensuring appropriate policies, procedures and training programs are in place
- Ensure compliance with legal safety requirements as well as internal management system requirements
- Support the development and implementation of the auditing and certification strategy to verify and validate the effectiveness of the safety programs
- Review near misses and incidents and work with teams to develop and implement corrective actions
- Support the standardization of vendor diligence, including safety track record, global sanctions checks and responsible sourcing and evaluate vendor incentives around safety and code of conduct
- Present regularly to customers and partner with customers, vendors and suppliers to achieve safety outcomes
- Provide input to sustainability and physical security strategies
- Coach management and staff to embed safety as a core value and performance driver
- Assist to bring WHSE committees to life within the APAC footprint
- You have 10+ years of leadership experience in a safety leadership role with experience managing operations and contractors in high-hazard industries such construction, oil & gas, mining, or processing plants – critical environment experience is highly regarded
- You have successfully designed and implemented relevant company safety management systems
- You have expert knowledge and experience in EHS
- Ideally, you have experience in managing safety in developing economies
- You have detailed knowledge of risk management strategies and processes
- You have a professional attitude with persuasive skills in making things happen
- You have coaching experience and the ability to positively influence staff, management, and contractors
- You have good leadership acumen to lead multi-disciplinary teams
- You are analytical, with abilities in research
- You have above average writing and data presentation skills
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**