AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres in Western Sydney and Melbourne, we set our eyes on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific. Since then, we’ve launched in Singapore, Hong Kong and Sydney North, and commenced development on a Tokyo data centre, set to open soon.
As the Contracts Manager - Operations based in either Sydney or Melbourne you will report directly to Operations Readiness Manager and work closely with the rest of the Operations team, making your mark in a number of ways:
- You will provide leadership, guidance, and advice to support the DC Operations teams in all aspects of commercial and contract issues across the entire lifecycle of our data centres
- You will negotiate complex contracts at the highest levels of the business, both domestically and internationally, including the development and management of all contractual documentation
Your Day to Day
- Assist the Operations Management Team with procurement and contract strategies for existing and new regions
- Contract administration across all AirTrunk data centres
- Review claims including payment claims, invoices, variations, time related claims and the like
- Cost management and cost reporting across all active contracts and services
- Resolve contract interpretation issues and disputes in a creative manner, balancing both parties’ objectives and the long-term implications of changes or solutions
- Develop and manage effective and streamlined processes and procedures and develop metrics quantifying performance across all data centres
- Assist with innovations, initiatives and continuous improvements aimed at increasing time and costs efficiencies of the operations of our data centres
- Develop business cases and analysis to management in support of procurement activities
- Develop and review tender packages including developing scope of works, bid templates, tender evaluations, reviews, and recommendations
- Concurrently manage multiple projects including preparation of support for new data centre capacity and capital improvement projects associated with our existing data centres
- Travel to data center sites both domestic and internationally as required.
- Successfully managed contracts in a similar role in the data centre operations or facilities management industry
- Strong understanding of contract management and administration with a sound understanding of contract law
- Strong communication, negotiation, contract drafting and presentation skills
- Demonstrated success in directing and influencing multi‐disciplinary teams, consultants, and contractors to deliver high quality outcomes
- Demonstrable leadership and problem-solving skills
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and exposure to online collaboration tools
- Excellent communication skills in English and have an attention to detail and be able to maintain high quality standards
- Tertiary educated in Law, Quantity Surveying, Engineering (or similar)
- Has operational experience in the data centre industry
- Has experience with multi-jurisdictional contracts
- Has international experience (ideally APAC)
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**