Want to be a part of Asia Pacific & Japan’s (APJ) fastest growing data centre business?
AirTrunk is an APJ technology company with a powerful purpose - to scale and sustain the relentless growth of the region’s digital future. We do this by continuously redefining and delivering data centres that meet the needs of our customers, the world’s most transformational companies. And we’re doing so sustainably, for today and tomorrow.
Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres in Western Sydney and Melbourne in 2017, we set our eyes on rapid expansion across the region. Since then, we launched in Singapore, Hong Kong, Sydney North and Japan, and announced plans for our second Western Sydney & Tokyo data centre. With backing from our investors including Macquarie Group, this is just the beginning…
Join us at AirTrunk, where the cloud meets the ground.
As Contracts Manager - Operations, you will report to our Head of Operations Services and work closely with our Operations team, making an impact in a number of ways:
- Providing leadership, guidance, and advice to support the Data Centre Operations teams in all aspects of commercial and contract issues across the entire lifecycle of our data centres
- Negotiating sophisticated contracts at the highest levels of the business across APAC, including the development and management of all contractual documentation.
Please note this role can be based in either Sydney or Singapore.
Your Day to Day
- Assist the Operations Management Team with procurement and contract strategies for existing and new regions
- Contract administration across all AirTrunk data centres
- Review claims including payment claims, invoices, variations, time-related claims and the like
- Cost management and cost reporting across all active contracts and services
- Resolve contract interpretation issues and disputes in a creative manner, balancing both parties’ objectives and the long-term implications of changes or solutions
- Develop and manage effective and streamlined processes and procedures and develop metrics quantifying performance across all data centres
- Assist with innovations, initiatives and continuous improvements aimed at increasing time and cost efficiencies of our data centre operations
- Develop business cases and analyses for management in support of procurement activities
- Develop and review tender packages including building scope of works, bid templates, tender evaluations, reviews, and recommendations
- Concurrently manage multiple projects including preparation of support for new data centre capacity and capital improvement projects associated with our existing data centres
- Travel to data centre sites domestic and internationally as required.
- Successfully managed contracts in a similar role in the data centre operations or facilities management industry
- Strong knowledge of contract management and administration with a sound understanding of contract law
- Strong communication, negotiation, contract drafting and presentation skills
- Demonstrated success in directing and influencing multi‐disciplinary teams, consultants, and contractors to deliver high-quality outcomes
- Demonstrable leadership and problem-solving skills
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and exposure to online collaboration tools
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain high-quality standards
- Tertiary educated in Law, Quantity Surveying, Engineering (or similar)
- Operational experience in the data centre industry
- Experience with multi-jurisdictional contracts
- International experience (ideally APAC)
The AirTrunk Culture
Working at AirTrunk is a once in a lifetime opportunity to fast-track your career and make a positive impact. At AirTrunk, we’ll help you Grow@Hyperscale.
The pace of our industry means you’ll feel an electric atmosphere at AirTrunk. We are a team of challengers and collaborative problem solvers who break new ground every day. We do this by living our values; going above and beyond, and being dynamic, transparent and responsive.
Every AirTrunker brings their own unique background and diverse perspective to find solutions to problems that matter. We’ve created a flexible and safe working environment where everyone feels welcome, heard, and equal regardless of age, disability, gender, gender expression, marital or parental status, race, colour, religion or belief, national origin, sexual orientation or veteran status.
With a range of exciting employee benefits for you to choose from, we’ll help you stay positively charged in both your work and life.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**