AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres in Western Sydney and Melbourne, we set our eyes on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific. Since then, we’ve launched in Singapore, Hong Kong and Sydney North, and commenced development on a Tokyo data centre, set to open soon.
As the Treasurer, Japan based in Tokyo you will report to the Head of Treasury (based in Sydney, Australia) with very close reporting line to the Head of Japan, you will work closely with the rest of the Tokyo team and global Finance team, making your mark in a number of ways:
- You will be responsible for the day to day management of funding locally, including cash management, utilisations and interest costs, and the reporting of key information and financing undertakings.
- You will assist with the management of ongoing capital requirements from existing and new funding sources and managing the associated execution process.
- You will interface with local and offshore debt investors, maintaining and strengthening these relationships and building new relationships over time.
Your Day to Day
- Capital Sourcing: assist with managing ongoing capital requirements of the business from existing sources. Assume primary responsibility as the local interface with existing and any potential investors for any capital upsizes and new debt raisings. This includes leveraging experience and knowledge of local practices to assist with managing the structuring, negotiation, documentation and settlement processes.
- Financing process execution: support Head of Japan, Head of Treasury and other key stakeholders in managing all aspects of a new financing process including development and negotiation of project documentation (including debt term sheet), engagement and preparation of the due diligence and other key advisors (including but not limited to legal and financial) and carriage of the financial close process including KYC, satisfaction of conditions precedent and settlement.
- Monthly Funding: work closely with Head of Japan, Japan Financial Controller and Treasury teams to review monthly cash requirements and utilisation requests within the existing debt facilities, including working with the appointed independent engineer and any other specialist advisor on reporting requirements.
- Cash Management: work closely with Head of Japan, Japan Financial Controller and Treasury teams to ensure ongoing compliance with cash management, reserve and waterfall provisions as it pertains to local funding facilities.
- Interest cost management: work closely with Treasury and Finance teams in maintaining monthly and quarterly interest and commitment fee calculations, MTM, and payment of interest and swaps.
- Undertakings and Financial Model: work closely with local and global Finance, Corporate Development and Treasury teams to ensure ongoing compliance with key reporting and financial undertakings. Work closely with the Corporate Development team, which generated and manages the financial model, in ensuring the model is accurate and up to date
- Hedging: assist Chief Financial Officer and Head of Treasury with implementation and ongoing managing of local interest and FX hedging requirements as required
- Investor and Agent liaison and management: work closely with Head of Japan and Head of Treasury to interface with and manage local and offshore investor and agent relationships. Leverage knowledge of local market customs and practice to strengthen these relationships and support the ongoing management of the business. Introduce, develop and strengthen new investor / stakeholder relationships as and when required.
- Capital planning: support Chief Finance Officer and Head of Treasury in the ongoing review and planning of appropriate capital structures and associated markets for the local business and any new developments and/or expansions. This may encompass local and offshore loans, bonds, green/sustainable financing and ABS structures.
- You are fluent in both English and Japanese
- You have a minimum of 8 years institutional or corporate banking experience (preferably real estate / REIT focus)
- You have a deep understanding of local debt markets and practices
- You have debt origination and structuring experience (relevant commercial real estate / REIT experience will be highly valued)
- You have knowledge and understanding of debt documentation
- You have the desire to influence policies, procedures and overall financial governance of a growing business
- You are incredibly flexible and forward-thinking as you have to be ready for a continuous change of directions
- You are goal oriented and have “get things done” attitude
- You are passionate about helping a start up grow
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**