AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres in Western Sydney and Melbourne, we set our eyes on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific. Since then, we’ve launched in Singapore, Hong Kong and Sydney North, and commenced development on a Tokyo data centre, set to open soon.
As the Critical Environment Facilities Manager, you will report to the Senior Data Centre Operations Manager and work closely with the rest of the Operations team, making your mark in a number of ways:
- You will oversee our critical environment maintenance planning activities at our Tokyo data centre
- You will assist in sourcing and eventually lead a team of facility supervisors for the tactical delivery of maintenance activities.
Your Day to Day
- Effectively manage the site and achieve 100% uptime and compliance with customers SLAs
- Lead, mentor and train a team of AirTrunk facility supervisors and contract management of site facilities providers
- Oversee the planning and coordination of all preventive maintenance and repair works; ensure change management and incident management procedures are followed; coordinate activities as required with customers
- Coordinate with development team to manage construction activity and installations, to ensure system design, installation and testing adhere to operational standards
- Maintain site operating procedures (SOP, MOP, EOP) and any other documentation required by law, e.g. SWMS
- Ensure compliance with site held accreditations, such as ISO27001, SOC2, PCI
- Maintain compliance with local regulatory requirements including environmental, building, fire, electrical, hydraulic, occupational health & safety
- Primary operational contact for customers and local point of escalation during emergency events and day-to-day operations.
- Attend witness testing of all equipment during commissioning to validate sequence of operations and receipt of all operational documentation
- Manage provisioning of data centre services including connectivity, power services, deployment and any additional services to be delivered to the data centre customers
- Manage minor capital projects for customers/internal purposes
- Manage all maintenance and repair vendors and OPEX budget
- Track operational metrics, data and analyse risks
- Conduct regular property inspections
- You have 5+ years of experience in critical facilities or operations management
- You have electrical or mechanical trade background or degree
- You are fluent in both Japanese and English
- You are able to establish and review Method of Procedure documents, incident reports, emergency event summaries, root cause analysis reports, CAPEX/OPEX budget forecasts/reports and O&M manuals
- You have experience managing 3rd party service providers; setting and managing KPIs, negotiating contracts and pricing for services
- You are familiar in working with Customer Portals, BMS, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- You are incredibly flexible and forward-thinking and energized by change
- You excel at communication; you can deliver effective presentations to your stakeholders and management
- You are passionate about helping to grow a business in its early development phase
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**