AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres in Western Sydney and Melbourne, we set our eyes on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific. Since then, we’ve launched in Singapore, Hong Kong and Sydney North, and commenced development on a Tokyo data centre, set to open soon.
As the People Business Partner - Japan, you will report to the Head of People & Culture (who is based in our HQ in Sydney). As the first member of the Japanese People & Culture team, you will act as an influential partner in helping managers with establishing and localising AirTrunk’s culture in Japan and will make your mark in a number of ways:
- You will be instrumental in the growth of the business by spotting trends and identifying emerging needs and addressing them with innovative people programs, tools and processes
- You will provide guidance and support to build and foster a sustainable culture to support AirTrunk’s accelerated growth
- You will drive the rollout of AirTrunk’s global People & Culture programs in Japan
- You will deliver a consistent AirTrunker employee experience
Your Day to Day
- Advise and support managers regarding change initiatives, culture, talent management & development, workforce planning, retention, engagement and people programs and initiatives in support of achieving business goals
- Ensuring that our policies and procedures are compliant with local market practice and that new market risks impacting people & culture are proactively managed
- Work collaboratively to review, recommend and implement people processes to ensure optimisation, streamlining, and consistency
- Participate and drive AirTrunk’s people programs across the employee lifecycle including, performance management, engagement pulse surveys
- Develop reporting and analytics across the employee lifecycle to assist to understand our business and make decisions to attract, retain and engage our best talent
- Organise and implement AirTrunk’s training programs and manage all logistics including scheduling, tracking and surveys, facilitate in-person trainings as needed
- Responsible for all day to day contract, visa management including overseeing all compliance and onboarding and offboarding processes and procedures
- Increase the efficiency of people operations through the implementation of new initiatives and/or technology solutions and iterate continuously as required
- You will manage various people programs across the employee lifecycle
- Facilitate the talent management process (identification, development and succession/career mapping)
- Be a passionate advocate for AirTrunk internally and externally
- Act as a steward of the employee experience and AirTrunk culture in alignment with our diversity & inclusion, sustainability initiatives and innovation goals
- You have 10+ years of extensive experience in HR management, operations and employee relations
- You have successfully established HR infrastructure and designed HR processes in a fast-paced, high growth start up environment
- You are hands-on with daily HR activities and have the attitude of leading from the front as a manager
- You are fluent in both English and Japanese
- You are a strategic thinker and able to positively influence
- You are incredibly flexible and forward-thinking and energized by change
- You excel at communication; you can deliver effective presentations to your stakeholders and management
- You are passionate about helping to grow a business in its early development phase
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**