AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres, we set our eyes on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific, launching in Singapore and Hong Kong, and commencing development on a second Sydney and Tokyo data centre, both set to open soon.
As the Connectivity Manager, you will report to the Connectivity Director (who is based in Singapore), and work closely with the rest of the Technology team, making your mark in a number of ways:
- You will Implement the AirTrunk connectivity solution for AirTrunk’s sites in Japan and the main POC for the engagement with carriers in Japan
- You will act as the key interface between the carriers, customers, and the team
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the customers’ connectivity requirements
Your Day to Day
- Follow through on customer specific connectivity requirements and work with carriers to provide solutions
- Actively follow the implementation of connectivity services at AirTrunk’s TOK1 site
- Build strong relationship with main key account’s network and network planning teams
- Implement the strategy (including business case) for CLS solution as well as fibre offer to AirTrunk customers (including process, timelines, and costing for FOB licences in key-markets)
- Implement and maintain AirTrunk fibre route data base (SCOUT)
- Build and maintain strong customer and industry technical relationships with telecommunication providers across the region
- Study and understand customers current and future requirements and help translate this into a roadmap for the business. This includes developing intelligence in regional terrestrial fibre and subsea connectivity.
- Produce and manage all key technical and sales collateral – from presentations to schematics
- Support the team for the RFP and customer requirements phase – including managing and providing guidance on the connectivity aspects of the RFP
- Support the team for fibre and connectivity solutions during the site selection process for expansion of AirTrunk facilities across APAC with the main focus on Japan
- Support the team during engagement with customers on their connectivity requirements
- Implement the connectivity strategy for key markets for AirTrunk (including and not limited to Australia, Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India etc..) with the main focus on Japan
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in telecoms engineering or at least 5 years of equivalent experience
- You have built relationships with the carriers/telcos and/or service providers within the APAC region, mainly in Japan
- You have experience working in the data centre/telecommunications industry in the APAC market, esp. Japan
- You are fluent in both English and Japanese
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office package, AutoCad and Salesforce are a plus
- You manage with positive influence and motivate customers to obtain desired levels of performance
- You are incredibly flexible and forward-thinking as you have to be ready for a continuous change of directions
- You excel at communication; you can deliver effective presentations to customers, peers and management
- You are passionate about helping to grow a business in its early development phase
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**