AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres, we set our eyes on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific, launching in Singapore and Hong Kong, and commencing development on a second Sydney and Tokyo data centre, both set to open soon.
As the Mechanical Systems Specialist APAC, you will report to the Head of Critical Environments (who is based in our HQ in Sydney), and work closely with the rest of the Critical Environment Team and making your mark in a number of ways:
- You will be the technical operational subject matter expert on all things critical HVAC as well as an important resource for other mechanically biased systems
- You will ensure the AirTrunk critical mechanical infrastructure remains effective, efficient and resilient, whist driving improved value for money maintenance and operation
- You will provide operational input during the various stages of design and build, with specific emphasis on design review and commissioning activities.
Your Day to Day
- Become the ‘go-to’ person for all mechanical based problems and defects, gaining an in-depth understanding of all AirTrunk critical mechanical infrastructure
- Work with your fellow Controls and Electrical Specialists to develop innovative ways to drive down maintenance and operation costs associated with mechanical plant
- Work with the AirTrunk design team, reviewing new designs to ensure that mechanical aspects of designs can by operated by site ops teams in the operational environment
- Review commissioning documentation to ensure that operations and client requirements will be demonstrably met
- Represent operations in various commissioning activities
- Assist site operations teams in the resolution of standing or emerging problems which fall outside of the local operations capacity
- Problem management of post incident issues
- Assist in the development of asset management strategies
You can also expect to tackle a variety of other exciting challenges:
- Conduct airflow management CFD’s
- Identify cost saving opportunities and system improvements
- Manage mechanical and other related incidents and events, including event investigations, root cause analysis and problem management
- Assist in the successful resolve of post construction related punch list items
- Provide authorising engineer specialist support to site teams
- Work closely with SDM/Ops and suppliers as new assets near RFS
- Review commissioning documentation
- Attend commissioning around APAC area, either in person or through video networking
- Extensive experience within the data centre critical infrastructure field or similar mission critical operations centre
- Mechanical (HVAC) trade and/or engineering background preferably with knowledge and experience of power generators
- Controls experience would be highly regarded
- Excellent technical knowledge of chiller plant and chilled water systems
- Airflow management experience especially utilising CFD modelling
- Flexible and organised to manage workload to meet deadlines
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work proactively on your own or as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are a must
- The ability to interpret electrical/mechanical drawings and specifications
- Ability to travel throughout Australia & overseas (Covid permitting); previous Asia-Pacific experience preferred
- Professional attitude with persuasive skills in making things happen
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**