AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres, we set our eyes on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific, launching in Singapore and Hong Kong, and commencing development on a second Sydney and Tokyo data centre, both set to open soon.
As a Legal Counsel, you will initially report to the Chief Legal Officer (who is based in Sydney) with day to day management provided by senior lawyers in the AirTrunk legal team. All senior lawyers at AirTrunk have large top tier law firm experience and so you will get a high quality training. You will be expected to make your mark in a number of ways:
- You will collaborate closely with senior lawyers in the AirTrunk legal team and work with the business to provide prompt, practical and commercial legal advice to support growth of the AirTrunk business (including strategic projects across the Asia Pacific region)
- You will support the AirTrunk legal team across a variety of matters including construction, procurement, data centre operations, IP and trademark, real property, corporate structuring, capital raising, joint ventures and general commercial contracts such as confidentiality agreements
Your Day to Day
- Review, comment on and draft a wide range of commercial contracts with supervision from senior lawyers in the AirTrunk legal team
- Provide legal advice that is accurate, practical and easy to understand to non-legal AirTrunk staff across various business units
- Help the legal team to improve internal legal processes, establish legal risk matrix and active management of legal risks
- Monitor and administer AirTrunk legal team inboxes
- Manage external legal counsel across multiple jurisdictions across APAC
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of AirTrunk’s operations, technologies and products/services
- Pick up on complex issues and propose feasible solutions to the business
- Provide legal advisory support and training where necessary for AirTrunk’s operations
- Provide input and support on their global and regional initiatives and projects on an ad hoc basis
- Law degree from an accredited law school and passed the bar / hold a license to practice law from a recognised jurisdiction
- Minimum of 2 years post-qualification experience
- Experience (in-house or private practice) in international corporate and commercial work, M&A, joint ventures, real estate, projects and infrastructure and regulatory advice will be viewed favourably
- In-house experience in a similar industry and regional experience across APAC is a huge plus. Candidates from law firms who have very strong generalist corporate experience, commercial acumen and a desire to work closer with the business are very welcome to apply
- Excellent drafting and negotiating skills, stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Ability to assess and advise on complex risk as part of providing solution driven advice
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with people from different areas and locations at all levels
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to provide strategy value add
- "Can do" attitude and prepared to go the extra mile beyond the job scope, when required. Achievement and results orientated
- Enjoy being challenged and working in a fun team-oriented environment.
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**