AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres, we set our eyes on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific, launching in Singapore and Hong Kong, and commencing development on a second Sydney and Tokyo data centre, both set to open soon.
As a Fit-out Project Manager, you will report to the Development Manager - Japan, and work closely with the rest of the Development team, making your mark in a number of ways:
- You will work with AirTrunk customers to develop scope and designs for the seamless implementation and execution of the office and data hall fit outs
- You will project manage and oversee construction related activities for new builds and fit out projects, including the ownership of the project scope, timeline and budget
Your Day to Day
- Manage customer and contractor access and interface with operations teams
- Develop and coordinate method of procedures for works within operational facilities
- Provide construction management for specific initiatives aimed at increasing the resiliency of our data centres
- Review of constructability of electrical and mechanical system designs associated with the construction of new data centres or the optimization of existing ones
- Create project scope and equipment requirements, assist with request for proposals and capital requests
- Be a leader within the group as well as within internal and external teams that support the data centre
- Project cost and contract management
- Develop and review tender packages including developing scope of works, bid templates, tender evaluations, review and recommendation
- Develop and own project cost data, including budgeting
- Develop and provide cost reporting, including cash flows and cost to complete reports
- Review and assist vendor claims, including payment claims, invoices, variations and time related claims
- Project delivery; chair meetings, keep accurate record, ensure safety monitor and status programmes, identify and manage quality, assist with handover to operations teams and provide project health reports
- Interface and manage communications with internal and external team and maintain accurate records
- Develop and execute project management plans, such as safety, quality, time and cost
- Record and report team metrics to team members and management
- Concurrently manage multiple projects; including new data centre building and capital improvement projects associated with existing data centres
- Operations support of installed facilities, including review of procedures, best practices and maintenance initiatives
- Travel to data centre sites both domestic and internationally for project initiation, project reviews and audits, constructability reviews, commissioning, project close out and the like as required.
- You ideally have a degree/diploma in construction management and/or electrical or mechanical engineering and certified in project management
- You have a minimum of 8 years experience in site and construction management (preferably fitout) of data centres or other critical environment facilities in Japan
- You are extremely knowledgeable of current building and safety codes in Japan
- You can read and interpret architectural plans, drawings, specs and programmes
- You have successful track record of vendor and contract management
- You have excellent time and site management skills together with high attention to detail
- You are fluent in both English and Japanese
- You are incredibly flexible and forward-thinking as you have to be ready for a continuous change of directions
- You are goal oriented and have “get things done” attitude
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**