AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s largest and most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres, and with Singapore, Hong Kong, Sydney’s North and Japan under development, we have our eyes set on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific. We are looking for people who share our energy and passion to support our data-driven future.
As a Development Manager, you will report to the Construction Director and work closely with the rest of the Development team, making your mark in several ways:
- You will be responsible for strategic and tactical management of capacity delivery in Singapore, working with AirTrunk customers to develop scope and designs for the seamless implementation and execution of our sites.
Your Day to Day
- Coordinate and negotiate with real estate professionals on land/facility acquisition
- Develop complex business case and analysis to justify the project scope and present the justification to the management
- Project management and oversight of construction related activities for new builds or general capital projects. This will include the ownership of the project scope, timeline, and budget, and management of the delivery team
- Be a leader within the group as well as within internal and external teams that support the data centre
- Review of constructability of electrical and mechanical system designs associated with the construction of new data centres or the optimization of existing data centres
- Creation of project scope and equipment requirements, assist with request for proposals, and capital requests
- Develop and assist with innovations, initiatives and continuous improvements
- Develop and review tender packages including developing scope of works, bid templates, tender evaluations
- Develop and own regional project cost data including budgeting
- Develop and provide regional cost reporting including cash flows, cost to complete reports, and the like
- Project delivery including chair meetings, keep accurate records, ensure safety, monitor and status programmes, identify and manage quality, assist with handover to operations teams and provide project health reports
- Develop and execute project management plans including safety, quality, time and cost
- Record and report key metrics to team members and management
- Concurrently manage multiple projects including new data centre building and capital improvement projects associated with existing data centres
- Travel to data centre sites both domestic and internationally for project initiation, project reviews and audits, constructability reviews, commissioning, project close out, and the like as required.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Structural, Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- You have a minimum of 15 years of work experience in the construction industry
- You are able to read and interpret construction related drawings for all disciplines
- You have demonstrable leadership and problem solving skills
- You are motivated, highly dependable individual with limited oversight
- You are able to develop performance and equipment requirements to vendors and contractors, communicate conceptual designs and create/maintain project documentation before, during and after construction
- You are able and willing to think outside the box to find creative and innovative solutions prior to and during construction process to reduce costs and schedules with no impact on quality and reliability
- You have excellent communications skills in English and attention to details
- You have experience directly related to the design or construction of large data centre facilities, either colocation or client owned/operated
- You have previous vendor and contractor/subcontractor negotiation and management skills associated with construction and project execution
- You have experience with fast track design/build projects and or multiple significant upgrade projects
- You have the knowledge of local and international building codes and regulations including Fire Codes, Building Codes, Energy Efficiency Codes, Sanitary Codes and Safety Codes
- You have the knowledge and experience with large scale mechanical and power systems
- You are experienced in power and mechanical system reliability and risk assessment studies
- You have work experience with global international companies, both in larger APAC region and within US based organizations
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**