AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s largest and most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres, and with Singapore, Hong Kong, Sydney’s North and Japan under development, we have our eyes set on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific. We are looking for people who share our energy and passion to support our data-driven future.
As a Project Manager, you will report to the Senior Project Manager and work closely with the rest of the Development team, making your mark in a number of ways:
- You will work with AirTrunk customers to develop scope and designs for the seamless implementation and execution of the office and data hall fit outs
- You will project manage and oversee construction related activities for new builds and fit out projects, including the ownership of the project scope, project quality, timeline and budget
Your Day to Day
- Responsibility for managing the work of consultants, allocating and utilizing resources in an efficient manner and maintaining a co-operative and successful team
- Develop and coordinate method of procedures for works within operational facilities
- Provide construction management for specific initiatives aimed at increasing the resiliency of our data centres
- Review constructability of civil, structural, electrical and mechanical system designs associated with the construction of new data centres or the optimization of existing ones
- Create project scope and equipment requirements, assist with request for proposals and capital requests
- Be a leader within the group as well as within internal and external teams that support the data centre
- Project cost and contract management
- Develop and review tender packages including developing scope of works, bid templates, tender evaluations, review and recommendation
- Develop and own project cost data, including budgeting
- Develop and provide cost reporting, including cash flows and cost to complete reports
- Review and assist vendor claims, including payment claims, invoices, variations and time related claims
- Project delivery; chair meetings, keep accurate record, ensure safety monitor and status programmes, identify and manage quality, assist with handover to operations teams and provide project health reports
- Interface and manage communications with internal and external team and maintain accurate records
- Develop and execute project management plans, such as safety, quality, time and cost
- Record and report team metrics to team members and management
- Concurrently manage multiple projects; including new data centre building and capital improvement projects associated with existing data centres
- Operations support of installed facilities, including review of procedures, best practices and maintenance initiatives
- Travel to data centre sites both domestic and internationally for project initiation, project reviews and audits, constructability reviews, commissioning, project close out and the like as required.
- You have 7-9 years of construction management experience (in projects over $100MIL)
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in mechanical/electrical/civil engineering, is a plus
- Ideally, you have experience working on fast track, large scale projects in a GC or developer capacity in the Advanced Technology Facilities in the APAC market
- Experience with (hyperscale) data centre development is a big plus
- You are incredibly flexible and forward-thinking as you have to be ready for a continuous change of directions and extra fast paced environment
- You are goal oriented and have “get things done” attitude
- You have excellent communication skills in English
- You are excited about helping a scale up grow
- You are willing to travel to other APAC regions
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**