AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s largest and most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres, and with Singapore, Hong Kong, Sydney’s North and Japan under development, we have our eyes set on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific. We are looking for people who share our energy and passion to support our data-driven future.
As the Facilities Supervisor, you will report to the Critical Environment Facilities Manager (CE FM), and work closely with the rest of the Operations team, making your mark in a number of ways:
- You will support the CE FM in relation to all aspects of data centre operations to achieve 100% uptime and compliance with customer SLAs
- You will, alongside the CE FM, supervise FM Services, Smart Hands & Security vendors as well as any other 3rd party vendors (including soft services) engaged directly by AirTrunk.
Your Day to Day
Either a portion of the data centre site, or a portfolio of customers will be allocated to each Facilities Supervisor. The Facilities Supervisor then manages this sub-section of the site, reporting and escalating to the CE-FM as required;
- Effectively manage the site and achieve 100% uptime and compliance with customers SLAs
- Act as a primary point of contact for the site Facilities Provider, managing the site activities on behalf of AirTrunk
- Oversee the planning and coordination of all preventive maintenance and repair works; ensure change management and incident management procedures are followed; coordinate activities as required with customers
- Coordinate with development team to manage construction activity and installations, to ensure system design, installation and testing adhere to operational standards
- Ensure adherence to site operating procedures (SOP, MOP, EOP) and any other documentation required by law, e.g. SWMS
- Ensure compliance with site held accreditations, including, but not limited to, ISMS, SOC2, PCI
- Maintain compliance with local regulatory requirements including environmental, building, fire, electrical, hydraulic, occupational health & safety
- Primary operational contact for customers and local point of escalation during emergency events and day-to-day operations
- Attend witness testing of all equipment during commissioning to validate sequence of operations and receipt of all operational documentation
- Manage provisioning of data centre services including connectivity, power services, deployment and any additional services to be delivered to the data centre customers
- Manage minor capital projects for customers/internal purposes
- Manage all maintenance and repair vendors and OPEX budget
- Track operational metrics, data and analyse risks
- Conduct regular property inspections
- Take part in on call escalation roster
- A minimum of 3 years of mechanical and electrical experience in data centres, facilities, engineering operations, trades or related fields
- You hold Security Baseline Clearance or are able to get one
- Electrical or mechanical trade background not essential but highly desirable. State licensing not required
- Ability to establish and review Method of Procedure documents, incident reports, emergency event summaries, root cause analysis reports, and O&M manuals
- Experience managing 3rd party service providers or working for a facilities provider; negotiating quote and pricing for services
- Familiarity in working with Customer Portals, BMS, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Effective stakeholder management and meeting chair experience
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**