AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s largest and most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres, and with development underway in Singapore, Hong Kong and Sydney’s North, we have our eyes set on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific and Japan. We are looking for people who share our energy and passion to support our data-driven future.
As the Financial Controller, you will report to the Head of Finance, and work closely with the rest of the finance team within the Group and the local Japan business teams, making your mark in a number of ways:
- You will take a key leadership position, being responsible for providing sound financial advice to the business
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end finance function for the AirTrunk business in Japan with the support of the finance team in Sydney
Your Day to Day
- Monitor, review and provide advice on capex reporting for development projects in Japan, working alongside the development team
- Manage the annual statutory reporting and audit process for the Japan businesses
- Responsibility for various information undertakings and other requirements of financing arrangements.
- Oversee the financial operations of the Japan business including all matters pertaining to accounts receivable, accounts payable, taxation (direct and indirect) and payroll;
- Oversight into the company's financial systems, including the ERP and expense management systems where it relates to the Japan businesses; and
- Lead the development and continued improvement of operational best practices in accounting and finance for the Japan business ensuring there is cohesion to the rest of the Group.
- Assist with the development and tracking of performance measures that support the company's strategic direction; and
- Continued development of financial and tax planning and
- Responsibility for managing the taxation affairs of the group, including management of all direct and indirect taxes (employment taxes, WHT, consumption tax)
- Work closely with the CFO, Head of Finance, and CLO and structure advisors on group structure and be abreast of financial and tax obligations relating to those entities in Japan
- Stay abreast of developments in taxation across the Japanese market and providing advice to the business as appropriate.
- Management of internal controls, delegations, policies and procedures, including continued development of controls appropriate for a growing business across the Japanese region
- Stay abreast of potential changes in the operating environment and developments within the business to advise on appropriate risk management
- Maintain transactional banking relationships, including establishing appropriate relationships across the Japanese region
- Monitor cash balances and cash flow forecast for each region and each development
- Qualified accountant
- A minimum of 15 years’ post qualification, relevant experience in industry, preferably construction
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Tax exposure is essential
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and ever-changing environment
- Desire to influence the policies, procedures and overall financial governance of a growing business
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbalin both English and Japanese
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**