Today, online means alone. We're changing that. We are charting the course for the next era of the Internet: live, shared experiences. We're building a new way to use the Internet—together.
That’s why we’re pioneering a new kind of social experience, one designed for togetherness. At its core, Airtime is a social platform for doing whatever together. Gather with your people to explore the Internet: group video, listen to music, chat, watch stuff, send pictures, GIFs and memes
Airtime is looking for a VP of People to be a key member of the exec team. The company is revamping its People org into an all encompassing team responsible for company culture, team development, recruitment, HR Operations, Executive development and overall team performance optimization. This role will report to the President and work closely with the entire executive team to bring a fresh perspective to the organization, encourage thought leadership and optimize organizational efficiency against business goals and objectives.
The VP of People will be responsible for the development of the People team leading key functions related to Airtimes talent resources. This will include leading discussion and driving change around major employee decisions, identifying areas of need, developing a culture strategy and communication plan, talent acquisition and retention. Another significant area of focus will be Executive coaching with the senior leaders to optimize communication and talent process.
The successful candidate for Airtime’s Vice President of People will be an inspiring leader and mentor, offering a long-range vision for scaling the organization and incorporating the mission and values. S/he will be highly collaborative, providing structure and guidance to all HR functions. S/he brings demonstrated success in scaling startup organizations.
Culture And Employee Experience
- Focus on strengthening and enriching Airtime’s culture.
- Prioritize retention of highly talented workforce, using key metrics to measure employee engagement and performance.
- Continue to build on Airtime’s philosophy that promotes and encourages high performance.
Thought Leadership And Coaching
- Educate and advise leadership team on organizational design and development, performance management, and competency leveling.
- Demonstrate and encourage giving and receiving candid feedback.
- Identify where skill gaps/redundancies exist within the organization and assist managers in addressing and mitigating these.
- Strategically work across the organization to drive growth by efficiently and effectively hiring top talent.
- Oversee the recruiting team, identifying creative ways to make key hires.
- Hold hiring managers accountable for keeping a high bar across the organization.
- Continually improve the on-boarding process to ensure new hires have the knowledge and tools to be successful.
- Strategically inclined, with prior experience as part of an executive team.
- Ability to lead and influence, yet highly approachable and receptive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working cross-functionally, across multiple organizational levels.
- Strong business insight and analytical skills; comfortable using metrics to inform and influence decisions.
- Consistent track record of aligning people strategy with the goals of the business.
- Experience managing and mentoring a team.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, open, feedback-oriented environment.
- Highly self-motivated, well-organized, with a stellar work ethic.
- Thorough understanding of working at a start-up.