Our mission is to empower people to create thriving online communities around shared interests, experiences, and passions. A goal like that doesn’t happen without an amazing team. With over 100 wonderful people in three offices across the country, we’re working hard to create the most welcoming online live social space out there, not only in our product but also in our organization.
In this role:
Are you ready to grow a thriving community wildly fast? If you are someone who values high impact work, ownership and are focused on community success, we want you. We are looking for someone to lead the planning and execution of recruitment efforts and to have a hands-on role in cultivating diverse, robust communities on Airtime.
An ideal candidate is a skilled program manager and community builder who is excited to support audience development initiatives and drive the expansion of our strategy. This person will be an entrepreneurial, hard-working, critical thinker, who is motivated by community building. We’re looking for someone with experience pioneering or running community outreach programs, cultivating partnerships, facilitating day-to-day team operations. This person will have a keen eye for prospecting and the ability to lead swift, tactical execution to achieve recruitment milestones.
Reporting to the Head of Audience Development, you will identify, cultivate, and solicit a portfolio of grassroots prospects, as well as act as a key thought partner on cultivation and solicitation strategies. As our Community Growth Lead, you will own relationship management and implementation of your own strategy in line with the overall system and plan for the Audience Development department.
What you’ll do:
- Ensuring that our recruitment efforts and pipeline building program are culturally relevant, fair, and yield the most impactful early-stage community leaders for Airtime.
- Build deep, meaningful partnerships with universities and on-campus organizations, focusing on creating pathways for BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ early stage communities.
- Lead community management to increase engagement of onboarded communities, and elevate members to become top advocates of the community.
- Influence long-term strategy and shape the vision of the community.
- Define a plan for early-stage community leader events in partnership with content, marketing, and product.
- Drive community adoption of Airtime by running community education programs, and supporting the growth of these communities.
- Evangelize a communities-informed culture across the company, and be the voice of the community.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in community outreach, developing digital communities, growth marketing and/ or sales.
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of community managers.
- Existing relationships with universities and demonstrated ability to manage and influence prospects towards collaboration individually and at scale;
- Demonstrated success in process management and developing client relationships;
- Event management experience preferred
- Research skills required. Detail-oriented and process-driven with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and go above and beyond
- Strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see win-win opportunities
- Flexibility to handle changing market conditions and workload under tight deadlines.
- Well-organized, highly self-motivated, optimistic, and positive attitude.
- Enjoys working at a high level of intensity, acting with a sense of urgency without sacrificing excellence.
- Have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding expectations to support and fulfill the strategic objectives
- Above all else, this role requires critical thinking, constant learning, and an entrepreneurial, hands-on style with a strong bias towards action, and a passion for the space.