In this role:
If you are someone who lives, breathes social causes, and loves to communicate, organize, and create inclusive spaces on social platforms, we want you. We are looking for an expert who possesses strong relationships and will find opportunities with the industry’s personalities and new talent. This person will be an entrepreneurial, hard-working, critical thinker, who is motivated by a competitive passion for digital content and community building. As a leader in the Social Impact space, you will focus on signing emerging and established voices to Airtime and ensure the community grows, thrives, and represents diverse perspectives.
This role is a unique blend of grassroots organizing and communications, digital strategy, and community management with an emphasis on Social Impact. You will be expected to quickly accelerate your expertise to best source community partners and communicate growth strategies that expand the audience for them. To be successful in this role you must have experience in social causes and be passionate about unearthing undiscovered voices and organizations, and constantly monitor emerging trends within and related to the mission-driven causes. You should be energized by the idea of a fast-paced environment at the nexus of the social media and information spaces with the ability to influence and connect with a Gen Z audience. You should have a passion for and connections in the Social Impact space and the ability to leverage your connections to build innovative, vibrant communities on Airtime.
What you’ll do:
- Identify, outreach, and onboard emerging/established voices in the Social Impact space.
- Team up with Content Production to ensure community partner’s expectations are managed and met.
- An organizer and leader at heart who is comfortable concepting creative ideas alongside our Content Programming team to engage our community.
- Communicate with community partners and their representation if applicable.
- Manage the community partner onboarding process from end-to-end.
- Meet and exceed monthly KPIs.
- Strong focus and research skills to identify market trends in real-time.
- Solid understanding of the online video landscape, internet discourse and trends, and diverse Gen Z audiences.
- Evangelize Airtime as an inclusive space for diverse communities and voices.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 4+ years experience in journalism, civic engagement, community organizing, campaigns, or other areas that are directly relevant to this role.
- Existing relationships with media, academics, organizers, and/or civic organizations and demonstrated ability to manage and influence relationships towards collaboration individually and at scale;
- Demonstrated success in process management and developing client relationships;
- Digital media industry expertise, with an understanding of online creators, community, digital video, and social platforms;
- Event management experience preferred
- Research skills required. Detail-oriented and process-driven with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and go above and beyond
- Strong relationship-building skills and are apt to see win-win opportunities
- Flexibility to handle changing market conditions and workload under tight deadlines.
- Well-organized, highly self-motivated, optimistic, and positive attitude.
- Enjoys working at a high level of intensity, acting with a sense of urgency without sacrificing excellence.
- Have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding expectations to support and fulfill the strategic objectives
- Above all else, this role requires critical thinking, constant learning, and an entrepreneurial, hands-on style with a strong bias towards action, and a passion for the space.
Our mission is to empower people to create thriving online communities around shared interests, experiences, and passions. A goal like that doesn’t happen without an amazing team. With over 100 wonderful people in three offices across the country, we’re working hard to create the most welcoming online live social space out there, not only in our product but also in our organization.