Director, Analytics & Insights
We’re looking for an exceptional Director, Analytics & Insights to join us on our journey. If you like working with a high-impact, cross-functional, collaborative team; and enjoy autonomy and empowerment… keep reading!
Airtime’s Strategy Team:
Airtime’s mission is to bring people together in real-time to create open-minded, inclusive communities around shared interests and passions.
The strategy team leads corporate strategy and business development at Airtime, with the mandate to define and execute on Airtime’s incredible vision and growth opportunities. As a Director, Analytics & Insights you will be driving business decision-making via data, analysis and insights. You will collaborate closely with all the teams across the business, fully immerse yourself in data, draw insight from analysis, and deliver compelling, synthesized recommendations. You will be reporting to the VP of Strategy and lead, and eventually build, the team at Airtime that owns all data analytics and insights. This role will ensure that we are collecting and organizing data in a thorough and exhaustive way, and generating insights and recommendations for strategy and decision-making across all teams.
What You'll Do
- Lead the analysis of complex product and user data and transform it into proactive insights and recommendations for the business, including content/programming strategy, optimizing marketing messaging and shaping user acquisition/growth activities.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams on strategic research and analytical projects, and act as an independent strategic advisor to key business decisions. Establish a data-driven understanding of the drivers of successful user and content performance on Airtime.
- Oversee the framework, organization and presentation of data, analysis and insights to the business, including constructing tables and dashboards, to effectively track and measure performance across the business.
- Assist the leadership and cross-functional teams in preparing, monitoring and reporting on company goals, metrics and milestones.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years working within a media and/or tech company in data analytics and business insights, ideally with experience growing and managing teams in this area.
- Experience analyzing product features, content variables, target audiences, and marketing methods all affect user performance, and an ability to create recommendations that balance and optimize these.
- Experience with Data Analytics tools and visualizing data-driven insights for diverse audiences and in many forms (decks, docs, presentations, case studies), including senior leadership/executive teams.
- Knowledge of content discovery mechanisms, machine learning, content and/or advertising classification, and optimization levers within a digital media platform.
- Experience creating relationships across a rapidly growing and evolving organization.