We’re looking for an exceptional Software Engineer to join us on our journey. If you like working with a high-impact, cross-functional, collaborative team and enjoy autonomy and empowerment… keep reading!
The media team at Airtime is creating one of the most advanced platforms for real-time and streaming media in the world. We're passionate about building high-performance, high-quality software that runs the gamut from globally distributed infrastructure to low-level, device-specific optimizations.
We're looking for an enthusiastic candidate to help us provide the best possible media experience on iOS and related platforms by implementing frameworks and libraries that deliver robust, efficient features and functionality related to streaming and real-time audio and video.
What You'll Do
- Design and write the software that provides Airtime users with best-in-class streaming and real-time video capabilities on iOS.
- Work with other members of the media team to connect our cross-platform real-time video chat framework to iOS platform technologies.
- Work with the iOS application team to define APIs they can use to integrate with the media stack.
What We're Looking For
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field; or equivalent experience.
- Experience developing software for iOS.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including familiarity with data structures and concurrent / multithreaded programming.
- Working familiarity with C++ and Objective-C or Swift.
- Object-oriented programming and design skills.
- Interest in solving challenging, hard-to-pin-down problems.
- Excellent communications skills and a passion for working with, learning from, and mentoring teammates with diverse backgrounds and expertise.
These are not required, but will help you hit the ground running.
- Previous experience with WebRTC.
- Previous experience with HLS, DASH, or other streaming technologies.
- Familiarity with audio or video processing techniques and algorithms.
- Familiarity with AVFoundation, Core Audio, Metal, and related frameworks.