We’re looking for an exceptional Senior iOS Engineer to join us on our journey. If you like working with a high-impact, cross-functional, collaborative team and enjoy autonomy and empowerment… keep reading!
We are a diverse team of engineers that work on everything from scaling media servers around the world to building highly-performant and complex UI on iOS and Android. We are pushing the limits on real time interactivity. We are looking for engineers who like to work with exceptional people on challenging problems.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will work with a cross-functional team of Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, Web Developers, and Content Creators to conceptualize and develop world-class apps. As a senior member of the team, you will own the technical implementation of projects, and provide training, guidance, and mentorship to other members of the team. You will also guide technical strategy, architecture, best practices, tools, and utilities for the team.
This is a hands-on engineering position that requires expert level proficiency in Swift, but you will also work with legacy code written in Objective-C. The ideal candidate is passionate about Swift, iOS, Apple products, mobile apps, and especially, the Airtime app where we push the limits of media and custom UI on iOS.
What We’re Looking For
- A minimum of 6 years of progressive experience in any job title with duties involving software development, programming, or analysis
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on professional iOS development experience
- Extensive experience with Swift and Objective-C and full command of iOS APIs, as well as architectures such as MVC and MVVM
- Experience working on a significant consumer app that is currently available in the marketplace
- Solid understanding of data models and data access architecture and optimization
- Strong understanding of server-side software, scalability, performance, and reliability
- A sound understanding of HTTP and REST-style web services
- Experience using code versioning tools, including GIT
- Experienced using XCode, Instruments, and the full suite of Apple’s development tools
- Must demonstrate solid organization/communication skills
- Deep technical knowledge of mobile application development
- Experience with messaging related technologies, media manipulation and animation
- Experience with embedded local storage solutions and ORMs
- Demonstrated ability to design and build dynamic multi-threaded mobile apps
- Solid understanding of iOS app development life cycle
- Understanding of Apple app submission process, compliance policies, and requirements
- Experience with agile software development practices, including scrum, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- Experience with TestFlight, Firebase or similar app distribution platforms
- Experience with iOS performance tuning and crash reporting applications
- Experience evaluating and integrating 3rd party APIs, including SDKs for social networks, advertising, and analytics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming environment
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
- Strong preference to candidates possessing an advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or closely related field