We are Airtime, the world’s first social platform that gives friends the power to experience content together in real-time. The only place where you can face-to-face video chat with your people while simultaneously interacting with content from across the web.
Like many of us, we are tired of traditional social networking apps that aren’t designed to allow us to sync up and be present together at the moment. Frankly, we are tired of mindlessly scrolling through feeds, leaving comments that go unanswered, and having to hack our way around actually staying in contact with those we care about most (e.g. Finstas). Instead, we believe that real-time interactions are more fulfilling as they allow us to connect with the people we care about in a more significant way.
We are building the social platform for the generations to come and charting the course as a company that is bringing real-time human interactions to the forefront.
Our company was founded by Sean Parker and is backed by Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, and a host of other incredible partners. We have a world-class team in Palo Alto and Brooklyn who craft the amazing real-time technology and experience that Airtime is built on. We're well-funded, running at full sprint, and always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build a new way to use the Internet—together.
We are a diverse team of engineers that work on everything from scaling media servers around the world to building highly performant and complex UI on iOS and Android. We are pushing the limits on real time interactivity. We are looking for engineers who like to work with exceptional people on challenging problems.
What You’ll Do
- Join a small development team and help build the Airtime iOS app
- Work with product managers, designers, the community team, and QA to come up with the best way to build and iterate on new features, then go build them
- Push the limits of media and custom UI on iOS
- Review, contribute, propose, praise, refactor. All part of maintaining and improving a code base that allows for quick experimentation while being stable
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years experience building iOS apps by yourself or as part of a team. The Airtime app is a complex dance of video chat, multimedia, and real time updates so you’ll need some experience under your belt
- Comfortable in Objective-C, Swift, Instruments, Fastlane, Ruby, and whatever come next
- Excited by, product exploration. We are continually changing and improving our product to delight users
- Works well with a team. Teams that encourage and foster debate in a healthy way provably deliver the best work
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (or foreign equivalent)