Airtime is building the next generation of live, social platforms. We’re looking for an exceptional Design Prototyper to join us on our journey. This is a high-impact, cross-functional role with autonomy and empowerment to affect change at the foundational level of our product. We’re looking for someone that is excited about the opportunities that arise from connecting in live interaction with anyone at any time.
Prototype Designers at Airtime collaborate on all aspects of the user experience, from user research, user flows, information architecture, interaction design, prototyping, visual design, and animation - to imagine the next generation of live, social interactions.
You should be comfortable working with ambiguity as you collaborate to explore multiple design concepts and are fluent in design and development processes to identify and prototype the most effective and delightful solutions in this space. From paradigm shifts to micro-interactions, we’re looking for someone that can empathize deeply with our users and use that empathy to push progressive design that raises the bar in live social experiences
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with the design team to raise the bar of design thinking and execution across all our digital products, by prototyping and validating novel design concepts as blue-sky ideas or ship-ready components.
- You will own whole aspects of the process from inception to shipping and back again. From sketches and prototypes to visual design & overseeing the implementation.
- Sync with User Experience Research teams to move from insights into disruptive ideas and bring user empathy to complex design challenges.
- Help promote best practices and standards to develop workflows that accelerate the ideation process, and promote a positive, inclusive environment.
What you’ll bring to the table
- An open, curious and collaborative mindset with an enthusiasm for empathetic design.
- Exceptional understanding of design and development menthods and interaction design principles. Expertise in working with Sketch. Bonus points for Principle, Flinto or After Effects.
- The ideal candidate will have fluency in code (Swift, Obj-C, Java or React strongly preferred) Bonus points for experience working with remote data via REST / JSON as well as third-party libraries and APIs.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Portfolio showcasing proficiency in interaction design and dedication to delight - with details on your role and contribution.
- The enthusiasm and conviction to present and protect brilliant ideas. You strive to make sure nothing good gets left behind - whether they are your proposals or you are nurturing the ideas of others.
- Good vibes. Airtime is a supportive, ego-free zone.
In a world of constant connection, why are we still lonely? We believe in a new kind of social platform, designed for true togetherness and live, share experiences - closer to how we connect with each other, in person. We are developing Airtime for close friends to hang out together in real-time and listen to music, watch videos, and much more. It's a portal in your pocket—to your people and to the weird and wonderful world of online. Airtime was founded by Sean Parker and backed by Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, and a host of other incredible partners. We're well-funded, running at full sprint, and always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build a new way to use the Internet—together.
We offer an opportunity to make a real impact. We’re a small team - every role matters. There’s also the retirement plan, parental leave, health coverage - all the good stuff, as well as commuter benefits and flexible travel arrangements between our SF & NYC offices. Not to forget paid vacation & sick days - obviously.
Airtime is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or on any other basis. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.