We are Airtime, the world’s first social platform that gives friends the power to experience content together in real-time. The only place where you can face-to-face video chat with your people while simultaneously interacting with content from across the web.
Like many of us, we are tired of traditional social networking apps that aren’t designed to allow us to sync up and be present together at the moment. Frankly, we are tired of mindlessly scrolling through feeds, leaving comments that go unanswered, and having to hack our way around actually staying in contact with those we care about most (e.g. Finstas). Instead, we believe that real-time interactions are more fulfilling as they allow us to connect with the people we care about in a more significant way.
We are building the social platform for the generations to come and charting the course as a company that is bringing real-time human interactions to the forefront.
Our company was founded by Sean Parker and is backed by Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, and a host of other incredible partners. We have a world-class team in Palo Alto and Brooklyn who craft the amazing real-time technology and experience that Airtime is built on. We're well-funded, running at full sprint, and always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build a new way to use the Internet—together.
Airtime is looking for an innovative, thoughtful and experienced Creative Director to enhance Airtime’s position in the social space by driving brand differentiation through unique and best-in-class creative. You will own Airtime’s storytelling through management of a unified visual and verbal identity across all consumer touchpoints.
The ideal candidate has proven experience in the digital landscape with examples of integrated 360 marketing campaigns for a consumer product, including OOH. A perfect fit would be a creative who has experience working within an agency as an art director or above with equal experience developing teams. They will have a passion for iteration and pushing creative to be as impactful for consumers as possible. This role reports into the VP of Marketing and will be New York City based.
Day to day responsibilities will range from meeting with partners and stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements to working with the creative team to define, execute, and refine a creative vision. This is a hands on role which would require the need for individual creative development from time to time.
What You'll Do
- Lead and evolve the Airtime brand creative through a hands-on approach that inspires and advocates for creative excellence.
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies.
- Manage the creative process from concept to completion
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Grow, mentor, and lead a team of creatives, building processes to effectively deliver quality creative across all channels and initiatives in a high paced environment
- Work directly with brand, performance and digital channel marketing to understand their needs, and then translate them into direction that the team can successfully execute
- Guide agencies, partners and company stakeholders on large scale integrated marketing campaigns and strategic initiatives
- Translate complex ideas into beautiful visual executions that make them easier to understand
What We're Looking For
- Proven work experience as a Creative Director, Art Director or similar role, 3+ within an agency environment
- Expert with image editing / design software, like Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Sketch
- Creator of a strong and dynamic portfolio that showcases a wide array of integrated experience with both above-the-line and below-the-line initiatives
- Able to effectively partner with various key stakeholders and manage multiple projects at once.
- Excited by and thrives in a fast-paced, ever-evolving startup environment.
- Curious and resourceful with a natural ability to solve problems and seek new information.
- Accessible to all team members and eager to solicit feedback.
- Work with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Good vibes. Airtime is a supportive ego-free zone.