We are Airtime, the world’s first social platform that gives friends the power to experience content together in real-time. The only place where you can face-to-face video chat with your people while simultaneously interacting with content from across the web.
Like many of us, we are tired of traditional social networking apps that aren’t designed to allow us to sync up and be present together at the moment. Frankly, we are tired of mindlessly scrolling through feeds, leaving comments that go unanswered, and having to hack our way around actually staying in contact with those we care about most (e.g. Finstas). Instead, we believe that real-time interactions are more fulfilling as they allow us to connect with the people we care about in a more significant way.
We are building the social platform for the generations to come and charting the course as a company that is bringing real-time human interactions to the forefront.
Our company was founded by Sean Parker and is backed by Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, and a host of other incredible partners. We have a world-class team in Palo Alto and Brooklyn who craft the amazing real-time technology and experience that Airtime is built on. We're well-funded, running at full sprint, and always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build a new way to use the Internet—together.
Airtime is looking for an innovative, thoughtful and experienced copy to enhance Airtime’s position in the social space by driving brand differentiation through unique and best-in-class creative. You will own Airtime’s storytelling through management of a unified visual and verbal identity across all consumer touchpoints.
The ideal candidate has proven experience in the digital landscape with examples of integrated 360 marketing campaigns for a consumer product. A perfect fit would be a writer who has experience working within an agency as a copy writer. They will have a passion for iteration and pushing creative to be as impactful for consumers as possible. This role reports into the Creative Director and will be New York City based.
What You'll Do
- You’ll be responsible for the written word for Airtime
- Act as a steward for the brand voice and tone across all marketing channels
- Within marketing, you’ll be writing advertising copy for campaigns, channel marketing including owned (web, blog) and earned channels (social.)
- You’ll work with our brand and creative agency team, our media agency, and our PR agency to support and craft copy for campaign needs.
- You’ll write editorial content for internal and external channels
- You’ll have experience in a range of digital platforms - both advertising and content
- Great presentation skills. We want you to produce great copy and be able to express your ideas clearly
- You’ll be a steward of the brand voice, bringing the magic to life at every opportunity
- You’ll work with our staff designer to marry the words with the visuals, in any medium, to ensure they are effective
- Work closely with product team to ensure that the brand voice is consistent across all touchpoints
What We're Looking For
- Demonstrated ability to work independently when necessary and meet deadlines without handholding
- Love words; appreciate brevity
- Brainstorming creative concepts with the project team, developing original campaigns, and representing the writer's perspective in presentations"
- Strong agency background preferred, as well as a proven ability to create copy for a variety of audiences, brands, and industries
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Sean Parker, Founder & Executive Chairman
- Daniel Klaus, President
- Sanidhya Khilnani, VP of Product Management
- Prakash Ramakrishna, VP of Engineering
- Gui Seiz, VP of Product Design
- Will Eagle, Marketing Lead