In a world of constant connection, why are we still lonely?
Social Media should seek to replicate how we interact with each other in real life. That’s why we’re pioneering a new kind of social platform, one designed for true togetherness. Airtime is charting the course for the next era of the Internet: live, shared experiences.
At its core, Airtime is a social platform to gather with your people and explore the Internet together. Gather on group video and hang out with music, videos, photos, TV, movies, and more. It's a portal in your pocket—to your people, to the weird and wonderful world of online.
Our company was founded by Sean Parker and is backed by Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, and a host of other incredible partners. We have a world-class team of brainiacs in Palo Alto and Brooklyn who craft the amazing real-time technology Airtime is built on. We're well-funded, running at full sprint, and always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build a new way to use the Internet—together.
We believe that software should be built with the end user in mind. A healthy team makes use of rapid, data-driven iteration to quickly deliver delightful features to users with a high level of quality. We look for candidates who are just as serious as we are about building great software.
What You’ll Do
This is an opportunity to be part of a team that develops one of the most advanced real-time platforms in the world. As part of the media team at Airtime, you’ll help to create the globally distributed media infrastructure that is the backbone of the Airtime service.
In Particular, You Will
- Create, extend, and maintain the infrastructure that executes automated tests against the media platform.
- Design, develop, and maintain automated tests for media services.
- As required, perform manual tests to fill in functional gaps not covered by the automation test suite.
- Work with the development team to expand the scope of the automation framework to cover areas such as load and scalability tests and modeling of real-world networks.
- Participate in detailed and constructive design and code reviews.
What We’re Looking For
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with Node.js and frameworks used for testing, such as Mocha and Chai.
- Experience working with Linux, including basic system administration skills and exposure to bash and scripting techniques.
- Familiarity with fundamental TCP/IP networking concepts.
- Someone who enjoys working with a diverse group of smart colleagues and being part of a dynamic, growing team.
- Experience with WebRTC or multimedia technology is an added plus.