In a world of constant connection, why are we still lonely?
Social Media should seek to replicate how we interact with each other in real life. That’s why we’re pioneering a new kind of social platform, one designed for true togetherness. Airtime is charting the course for the next era of the Internet: live, shared experiences.
At its core, Airtime is a social platform to gather with your people and explore the Internet together. Gather on group video and hang out with music, videos, photos, TV, movies, and more. It's a portal in your pocket—to your people, to the weird and wonderful world of online.
Our company was founded by Sean Parker and is backed by Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, and a host of other incredible partners. We have a world-class team of brainiacs in Palo Alto and Brooklyn who craft the amazing real-time technology Airtime is built on. We're well-funded, running at full sprint, and always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build a new way to use the Internet—together.Airtime Engineering
We are a diverse team of engineers that work on everything from scaling media servers around the world to building highly performant and complex UI on iOS and Android. We are pushing the limits on real time interactivity. We are looking for engineers who like to work with exceptional people on challenging problems.
What You’ll Do
This is an opportunity to be part of a team that develops one of the most advanced real-time platforms in the world. As part of the media team at Airtime, you’ll help to build and manage the globally distributed media infrastructure that is the backbone of the Airtime service. You will also have a hand in developing our optimized mobile media stack for iOS and Android.
Members of the media team:
- Work on the highly customized media server which is the foundation of the Airtime media platform
- Extend and improve our globally distributed backend infrastructure
- Tune and enhance our custom WebRTC-based media stack on iOS and Android
- Collect and analyze metrics relating to system performance and user behavior
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews
- Are team players who enjoy working with a diverse group of smart colleagues
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Programming experience in C or C++ languages.
- Exposure to system programming concepts, including low-level networking interfaces, concurrent programming, and distributed systems.
- Prior coursework on media-related projects—including those making use of WebRTC—is a plus, but is absolutely not required.
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- Sean Parker, Founder & Executive Chairman
- Daniel Klaus, CEO
- Sanidhya Khilnani, VP of Product Management
- Prakash Ramakrishna, VP of Engineering
- Gui Seiz, VP of Product Design