We are Airtime, the world’s first social platform that gives friends the power to experience content together in real-time. The only place where you can face-to-face video chat with your people while simultaneously interacting with content from across the web.
Like many of us, we are tired of traditional social networking apps that aren’t designed to allow us to sync up and be present together at the moment. Frankly, we are tired of mindlessly scrolling through feeds, leaving comments that go unanswered, and having to hack our way around actually staying in contact with those we care about most (e.g. Finstas). Instead, we believe that real-time interactions are more fulfilling as they allow us to connect with the people we care about in a more significant way.
We are building the social platform for the generations to come and charting the course as a company that is bringing real-time human interactions to the forefront.
Our company was founded by Sean Parker and is backed by Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, and a host of other incredible partners. We have a world-class team in Palo Alto and Brooklyn who craft the amazing real-time technology and experience that Airtime is built on. We're well-funded, running at full sprint, and always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build a new way to use the Internet—together.
We are a diverse team of engineers that work on everything from scaling media servers around the world to building highly performant and complex UI on iOS and Android. We are pushing the limits on real time interactivity. We are looking for engineers who like to work with exceptional people on challenging problems.
This is an opportunity to be part of a team that develops one of the most advanced real-time platforms in the world. As part of the media team at Airtime, you’ll help to build and manage the globally distributed media infrastructure that is the backbone of the Airtime service. You will also have a hand in developing our optimized mobile media stack for iOS and Android.
What You'll Do
- Work on the highly customized media server which is the foundation of the Airtime media platform
- Extend and improve our globally distributed backend infrastructure
- Tune and enhance our custom WebRTC-based media stack on iOS and Android
- Collect and analyze metrics relating to system performance and user behavior
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews
- Are team players who enjoy working with a diverse group of smart colleagues
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of industry experience developing complex, high performance C++ applications
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of system programming basics, including low-level networking interfaces, concurrent programming, and distributed systems fundamentals
- Prior work on media-related projects—including those making use of WebRTC—is a plus, but is absolutely not required