In a world of constant connection, why are we still lonely?
Social Media should seek to replicate how we interact with each other in real life. That’s why we’re pioneering a new kind of social platform, one designed for true togetherness. Airtime is charting the course for the next era of the Internet: live, shared experiences.
At its core, Airtime is a social platform to gather with your people and explore the Internet together. Gather on group video and hang out with music, videos, photos, TV, movies, and more. It's a portal in your pocket—to your people, to the weird and wonderful world of online.
Our company was founded by Sean Parker and is backed by Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, and a host of other incredible partners. We have a world-class team of brainiacs in Palo Alto and Brooklyn who craft the amazing real-time technology Airtime is built on. We're well-funded, running at full sprint, and always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build a new way to use the Internet—together.
We are a diverse team of engineers that work on everything from scaling media servers around the world to building highly performant and complex UI on iOS and Android. We are pushing the limits on real time interactivity. We are looking for engineers who like to work with exceptional people on challenging problems.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Airtime you will be responsible for the REST API that clients use for transactional operations, and a persistent websocket service for low latency messaging. You will help build and maintain microservices that dispatch push notifications to mobile clients, handle messaging, analytics, and other core business features.
- Help build a system that is scalable, maintainable, and secure.
- Write extensive tests to ensure that the features provided are reliable, and write thorough documentation so that client teams know how to use those features.
- Utilize load tests and monitoring to make sure that our system is always capable of running at peak performance under load conditions.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (or foreign equivalent).
- Node.js with ES6 features.
- Proficient understanding of Docker.
- Proficient understanding of AWS.
- Thorough understanding of MongoDB.
- Thorough understanding of how to make a secure Web API.
- Experience with socket.io.
- Experience using continuous integration with CircleCI or equivalent.
- Experience working with a micro service architecture.
- Experience building scalable systems.
- Sean Parker, Founder & Executive Chairman
- Daniel Klaus, CEO
- Sanidhya Khilnani, VP of Product Management
- Prakash Ramakrishna, VP of Engineering
- Gui Seiz, VP of Product Design