In a world of constant connection, why are we still lonely?
Social Media should seek to replicate how we interact with each other in real life. That’s why we’re pioneering a new kind of social platform, one designed for true togetherness. Airtime is charting the course for the next era of the Internet: live, shared experiences.
At its core, Airtime is a social platform to gather with your people and explore the Internet together. Gather on group video and hang out with music, videos, photos, TV, movies, and more. It's a portal in your pocket—to your people, to the weird and wonderful world of online.
Our company was founded by Sean Parker and is backed by Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, and a host of other incredible partners. We have a world-class team of brainiacs in Palo Alto and Brooklyn who craft the amazing real-time technology Airtime is built on. We're well-funded, running at full sprint, and always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build a new way to use the Internet—together.
We are a diverse team of engineers that work on everything from scaling media servers around the world to building highly performant and complex UI on iOS and Android. We are pushing the limits on real time interactivity. We are looking for engineers who like to work with exceptional people on challenging problems.
What You'll Do
The iOS Team at Airtime has one of the most fun and challenging projects in tech today. For one we are a humble team of iOS and real-time audio/video snobs and obsess about all things iOS and media. We take immense pride in delivering an unparalleled high quality video and highly responsive and “live the moment” experience and push the limit of what you can do on a mobile device.
- Working in a small team that is building a game changing product.
- Contribute to an app that we think is the next big first of its kind social video app.
- Be a part of the team that takes Airtime from its first few users to the first million or hundreds of millions of users.
- Extend and optimize our custom WebRTC media stack for mobile on iOS.
- Work on our low latency media server engine which is the foundation of our media platform.
- Work on performance analysis, metrics collection and data analytics.
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews.
What We're Looking For
- Proficient in software/mobile app/API/Social Media iOS initiatives development.
- Strong working knowledge of iOS SDK, computer network protocols, data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Must know Metal, OpenGl, Vulkan, DirectX or other graphics rendering technologies
- Experience with video, image processing, and Core Audio
- Experience working with WebRTC is preferred but not necessary
- Sean Parker, Founder & Executive Chairman
- Daniel Klaus, President
- Sanidhya Khilnani, VP of Product Management
- Prakash Ramakrishna, VP of Engineering
- Gui Seiz, VP of Product Design