In a world of constant connection, why are we still lonely?
Social Media should seek to replicate how we interact with each other in real life. That’s why we’re pioneering a new kind of social platform, one designed for true togetherness. Airtime is charting the course for the next era of the Internet: live, shared experiences.
At its core, Airtime is a social platform to gather with your people and explore the Internet together. Gather on group video and hang out with music, videos, photos, TV, movies, and more. It's a portal in your pocket—to your people, to the weird and wonderful world of online.
Our company was founded by Sean Parker and is backed by Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, and a host of other incredible partners. We have a world-class team of brainiacs in Palo Alto and Brooklyn who craft the amazing real-time technology Airtime is built on. We're well-funded, running at full sprint, and always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build a new way to use the Internet—together.
The Airtime Design team is focused on the future of social experiences. We’re making great things every day, but we’ve barely scratched the surface of what this social experience has to offer. This will be a creative, challenging, empowering experience that enables designers to work from beginning to end of the product development process while contributing to everything from disruptive ideas to obsessing about micro-interactions.
What You'll Do
As we transition into our next stage, we’re looking for a Senior Product Designer obsessed with building inspirational & delightful experiences, who is excited about the challenges and opportunities that arise from connecting in live, synchronous interaction with anyone at any time. Someone who can empathize deeply with our users and use that empathy to champion progressive design that raises the bar in live social experiences
Working closely with other designers within the product design team, you should be comfortable with risk-taking and ambiguity as you explore multiple design concepts to identify and build the most effective and delightful solutions in this space. You will have a strong portfolio in interaction design and are able to not only articulate your ideas with passion and solid rationale but also able to detail them obsessively.
- Collaborate with our VP of Product Design to raise the bar of design thinking and execution across all our digital products.
- Work with PMs to own the design process from inception to shipping and beyond.
- Sync with User Experience Research teams to move from insights into disruptive ideas.
- Bring user empathy to complex design challenges.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to user test and quickly assess viability.
- Oversee the development and shipping of concepts.
- Help promote best practices and standards and develop workflows that accelerate the ideation process.
What We’re Looking For
- Exceptional understanding of best practices for design process and principles.
- A portfolio showcasing outstanding proficiency in interaction design with details on your role and contribution.
- Expertise in working with Sketch is a must.
- Proven experience using rapid prototyping tools to test hi-fidelity concepts.
- Illustration abilities - the ability to craft iconography that fits both brand and purpose.
- Motion chops - Proficient with After Effects workflow to create delight throughout the Airtime Experience.
- Dedication to user empathy, craftsmanship, and delight.
- An open and curious, collaborative mindset and enthusiastic critical thinking ability.
- The confidence and soft skills to present and defend brilliant ideas.