We’re looking for an exceptional Senior iOS Engineer to join us on our journey. If you like working with a high-impact, cross-functional, collaborative team; and enjoy autonomy and empowerment… keep reading!
Our mission at Airtime has always been to connect people in real-time; to give them the experience as close to being together as possible through virtual channels. We’ve spent years building around that human connection thesis and understanding what it takes to create this type of network - its unique and different from any online network that’s been created before
Who We Are:
Our company was founded by Sean Parker and is backed by Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, and a host of other incredible partners. We have a world-class team in the Bay Area and Brooklyn led by our leadership team (see bios below). We're well-funded, running at full sprint, and always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build a new way to use the Internet—together.
We are a diverse team of engineers that work on everything from scaling media servers around the world to building highly performant and complex UI on iOS and Android. We are pushing the limits on real time interactivity. We are looking for engineers who like to work with exceptional people on challenging problems.
What We’re Looking For
- 5 or more years of experience building iOS apps by yourself or as part of a team. The Airtime app is a complex dance of video chat, multimedia, and real time updates so you’ll need some experience under your belt.
- Comfortable in Objective-C, Swift, Instruments, Fastlane, Ruby, and whatever comes next.
- Must know the computer science basics and fundamentals such as memory management, concurrency and networking.
- Excited by, product exploration. We are continually changing and improving our product to delight users.
- Works well with a team. Teams that encourage and foster debate in a healthy way provably deliver the best work.
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (or foreign equivalent).
What You’ll Do
- Join a small development team and help build the Airtime iOS app.
- Work with product managers, designers, the community team, and QA to come up with the best way to build and iterate on new features, then go build them.
- Push the limits of media and custom UI on iOS.
- Review, contribute, propose, praise, refactor. All part of maintaining and improving a code base that allows for quick experimentation while being stable.
- Sean Parker, Founder & Executive Chairman
- Daniel Klaus, CEO/President
- Will Eagle, Chief Marketing Officer
- Hellen Davis, Chief People Advisor
- Gui Seiz, VP of Product Design
- Sanidhya Khilnani, VP of Product Management
- Prakash Ramakrishna, VP of Engineering
- Deborah Cardoso, Head of Operations and Team
- Chika Chandrashekar, Head of Strategy