In a world of constant connection, why are we still lonely?
Social Media should seek to replicate how we interact with each other in real life. That’s why we’re pioneering a new kind of social platform, one designed for true togetherness. Airtime is charting the course for the next era of the Internet: live, shared experiences.
At its core, Airtime is a social platform to gather with your people and explore the Internet together. Gather on group video and hang out with music, videos, photos, TV, movies, and more. It's a portal in your pocket—to your people, to the weird and wonderful world of online.
Our company was founded by Sean Parker and is backed by Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, and a host of other incredible partners. We have a world-class team of brainiacs in Palo Alto and Brooklyn who craft the amazing real-time technology Airtime is built on. We're well-funded, running at full sprint, and always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build a new way to use the Internet—together.
We are a user-centered product team passionate about disrupting the status-quo in the current Social space. We believe that today’s social networks are inherently anti-social and provide an unfulfilling, lonely and disconnected experience. Airtime provides a new way for users to share experiences together that lets them truly `Be Together` and `Do Things Together` as they would in real life. We are looking for Product leaders who share our passion for the space and would help us bring this audacious vision to fruition.
What You'll Do
As the architect and owner of core aspects of our product vision, you will be responsible for thinking through some of our toughest feature challenges. You will be expected to blend in your concrete data driven understanding of product metrics with qualitative feedback and business goals to come up with a convincing and clear product strategy. The areas you will be involved in include: how users interact with rooms, in video chats, our messaging model, and our user experience focused on the “being together” and “doing things together” mantra of experiencing the internet in a new way.
- Contribute to the overall Airtime product strategy and roadmap.
- Synthesize user research and qualitative feedback from a variety of sources to inform the product roadmap.
- Make macro-optimizations to the product by defining quarterly KPIs and goals.
- Deliver a fun user experience that rates highly in both user love and product finesse.
- Collaborate with development to ensuring our product is fast, fluid, and scalable at all times.
- Plan and lead requirements, project, and relevant competitive reviews with team and executive leadership.
- Work with Dev and UX counterparts to land features on time and with high quality.
- Track all defined deliverables from conception through launch, leveraging established processes, tools, and communications mechanisms within Airtime (Jira, Slack, Mixpanel reports, etc.).
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of program management experience with proven success in delivering end user facing products and services.
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to map product strategy and decision making to data. Being able to have high-bandwidth metrics driven conversations is key.
- Ability to distill complex data-driven decisions into simple, articulate and convincing summaries for the product and exec team.
- Must have a strong background in making large swings in key metrics for Growth (e.g. daily signups) and Engagement (e.g. MAU/DAU).
- Proficiency in collecting, synthesizing and incorporating user-feedback and mapping it to the overall product vision and roadmap.
- The ability to think creatively and critically about product features, architecture, and capabilities.
- Innate curiosity and ability to self-start in an ambiguous and rapidly-changing startup environment.
- Strong project management, leadership, and cross-group collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical.
- Solid understanding of Consumer Products, mobile technologies and the ability to go deep in technical areas.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience). Masters preferred.
- Sean Parker, Founder & Executive Chairman
- Daniel Klaus, CEO
- Sanidhya Khilnani, VP of Product Management
- Prakash Ramakrishna, VP of Engineering
- Gui Seiz, VP of Product Design