Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
We are on a mission to improve the quality of human interactions through shared screens. Our solutions empower people to share, learn and connect on equal footing, no matter their device type, both locally and hybrid. We want to become the most agnostic and easy-to-use screen solution for people in organizations. We support this through our combined offering of screen sharing, video conferencing, and digital signage - all managed by our cloud solution. Our priority is to create a better environment for learning, sharing and creating via screens by supporting every use-case and integration with the most commonly used professional tools for screens.
The Site reliability Engineer will work within our infrastructure team alongside a talented team of engineers, supporting them by keeping our systems stable and available. Responsible for maintaining and developing our infrastructure, identifying and implementing improvements and managing cost optimization. The Site Reliability Engineer can be based either remotely, from our Copenhagen headquarters, or for our Budapest entity.
- Introduce a staging environment and ways to promote deliverables throughout environments.
- Maintain and improve monitoring, logging and tracing systems.
- Help improve our CI/CD pipelines and develop tooling and automations around them.
- Help make architectural decisions that allow our Cloud platform to scale aggressively and reliably.
- Support developers and set examples when it comes to following best practices.
- Cost-optimise our AWS infrastructure.
- Help plan and ultimately participate in weekly on-call rotations.
- 3+ years experience with AWS related technologies, for example EC2, EKS, ECS, ELB, RDS or ElastiCache.
- 3+ years of experience in Azure
- 3+ years experience with Infrastructure as Code, ideally Terraform.
- Strong background in Linux system administration and containerization technologies, like Docker.
- Strong experience with DevOps practices like CI/CD, ideally with Gitlab.
- Strong experience setting up observability tooling around Cloud services.
- Understanding of networking and security.
- Ability to read code in either Golang or Python.
Nice to have
- 3+ years experience with Kubernetes (EKS, argoCD for example).
- Good communication skills, capable of collaboration with the ability to be empathetic to others' work.
- Willingness to learn and to share your knowledge.
- Proactiveness and a can-do attitude, with a strong sense of autonomy capable of highlighting areas for improvement .
- Experience or desire to work in a partially remote team.
- Opportunity to participate in the company’s pension scheme*.
- Significant responsibility and ownership over projects and technical decisions.
- Five weeks of paid vacation.
- Flexible work environment.
- Opportunity to join the company Warrant scheme.
*based on location.
Airtame is an equal opportunity employer. We have three workspaces across the globe, plus full-time remote workers. This feeds into our international mindset, with people from 30+ nationalities that make up the Airtame team.
Our work-life cultural balance is key to our success. We have a growing Women in Tech community, and regular team building events throughout the year. Our team encompasses our values of trust and caring for each other to support and nurture talent in a fun and collective way.
What our employment decisions are NOT based on
Race, colour, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, family or parental status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status. And we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
What our employment decisions ARE based on
Business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications, and candidates potential for growing with Airtame.