It is our mission is to empower people to accomplish more when using screens together. You will have a big impact on making it possible.
The mission of this role is to develop and maintain the Board Support Package (BSP), networking and management software that constitute firmware running on our devices. The Platform Engineer will be part of the Firmware Team working closely with hardware, product managers, QA engineers, and tech support. You will join an engineering team that ensures the success of our product.
Outcome for the next 12 months
- Participate in delivering the next generation of Airtame products. You will help with the Intel ApolloLake HW bring-up, run the upstream Linux Kernel, contribute to the existing code by adding support (both in C and C++) for the new HW and help with scoping this project to ensure it is being delivered on time.
- Understand, support, and improve firmware that runs on current Airtame devices. This includes working with bootloaders, Linux Kernel drivers, third-party user-space libraries, and our management and streaming software, written primarily in C++11/14/17.
- Collaborate with other teams to deliver new end-to-end features.
- Help to improve and organize processes within the team.
- 5+ years experience working in embedded development.
- Solid knowledge of C or C++.
- Solid knowledge of Bash.
- Experience developing software for Linux-based platforms.
- Experience developing resource-constrained software.
- Experience working with Wayland.
- Experience working in multi-threaded environments (POSIX threads, C++ threads).
- Solid Linux administration skills.
- Solid knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Good communication skills.
- Proactiveness and a can-do attitude.
- Confidence to work autonomously.
- Experience and/or willingness working in a partially remote team.
- Delivery-oriented mindset.
- Experience working with C11/C++17.
- Experience working with systemd.
- Experience working with Linux Kernel Drivers.
- Experience working with Intel ApolloLake.
- Experience working with NXP i.MX6 SoC.
- Experience working with Wi-Fi 802.11.
- Experience working with hardware design.
- Experience working with GitLab.
- Top-notch engineering culture which thrives on learning and having fun.
- Significant responsibility and ownership over projects and technical decisions.
- Satisfy your technical curiosity during quarterly hackathons and 20% time.
- Daily catered lunch, drinks, snacks, and great coffee.
- Competitive salary.
- Your choice of hardware.
- Perfect office location in our brand new office in the heart of Budapest.
Tell us a little about yourself and why you’re interested in joining the Airtame team.
At Airtame we believe that shared screens have an immense impact on making environments better for learning and collaborating. Our platform empowers users to share, learn and connect on equal footing - no matter their device type. We embrace this inclusion and collaboration inside our workplace too. Here, we’re crafting a community where you belong as an equal and are encouraged to bring your whole self to work each day.
What our employment decisions are NOT based on
Race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, family or parental status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status. And we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
What our employment decisions ARE based on
Business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications, and candidates potential for growing with Airtame.