Our mission is to empower people to accomplish more when using screens together, and you will have a significant impact on making it possible.
You will join our Collaboration Team and be part of the product responsible for bringing collaboration capabilities to screens. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining and developing new features on our Chromium implementation running on our device. Additionally, you will work on high-priority features when needed, either related to the Browser support or not.
Outcome for the next 12 months
- Maintain the HW video encoder and decoder implementation specific to Airtame HW.
- Support, optimize, and research the rendering capabilities to work on Airtame HW. For example, OpenGL, Vulkan, or others.
- Continuously upgrade our Browser to be as close as possible from the general release. The best would be to keep being 1-2 releases behind the mainstream.
- Actively work on (and support our team) with end-to-end features for our Collaboration solution.
- Continuously support our various teams with Browser features and bug fixing for Airtame devices.
- Improve the development, QA, and release of our Chromium-based Browser.
- Collaborate with our Firmware Team to ensure optimal support for our Chromium-based Browser.
- Extensive experience developing highly performant software in C or C++.
- Experience working with large codebases (ex. Chromium, Linux, GameEngines).
- Experience with web technologies (WebRTC, HTML, CSS, JS).
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Deep understanding of low-level performance improvements and optimization.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Proactiveness and a can-do attitude.
- Confidence to work autonomously.
- Experience or willingness working in a partially remote team.
- Delivery-oriented mindset.
- Experience working with open-source browser projects such as Chromium, Webkit/Blink, etc
- Experience with embedded development
- Experience with video and audio codecs
- Experience with Gitlab CI
- Experience with Typescript, Web Extensions, Webpack, etc.