We are looking for a C/C++ Engineer to join the team developing the core of our wireless streaming software. This is low-level cross-platform software which runs under CPU, memory and time constraints, requiring a significant focus on performance, concurrency, and resource lifecycles.
The software we write at Airtame ranges from web technologies for our electron-based application, to kernel development for our embedded devices. Many of our engineers have enjoyed working with other teams and other technologies from time to time as a way to broaden their experience. This became now a part of our core engineering culture. To a large extent, we expect the same from you as well: to become a “jack of all trades” while mastering your focus area.
- Proven experience developing highly performant software in C or C++.
- Be open about your development platform. You will need to work on Windows, OSX or Linux occasionally.
- Deep understanding of concurrency, memory management, and object lifecycles.
- Willingness to experiment and learn new technologies.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Experience with low-level Win32 programming (messages, windows, GDI, DXGI, Direct3D).
- Experience with Windows application development best practices (updating, MSI installation, installers/uninstallers).
- Experience with networking protocols.
- Experience developing cross-platform native code.
- Experience with real-time low-level programming.
- Experience designing C/C++ APIs/libraries.
- You will join an ambitious company that values transparent work-life balance.
- Flexible work environment.
- You will be in a professional setting where you can see your ideas put into action right away.
- Daily catered lunch, a fridge full of sodas, snacks, and great coffee.Slacklining, Fussball, hackathons, meetups, parties and many more events.
- Perfect office location in the heart of Budapest.
- Working remotely from a friendly timezone is an option as well.
- Competitive salary.
- Your choice of hardware.
- Tell us a little about yourself and why you’re interested in joining the Airtame team.