At Airtable, our mission is to democratize software creation. We believe today's knowledge work needs a customizable platform that lets every organization easily build intuitive apps to drive their most important business processes. We’re making it disruptively easy to build purpose-built applications for organizations based on shared, organization-wide data. The world’s largest enterprises use Airtable to build customized apps for their most critical and unique workflows — from managing product roadmaps to launching marketing campaigns to tracking job applicants — all on a single platform.
Reporting into the Corporate Controller, the Director of Accounting will be a key leader in the Accounting organization and will be responsible for the core accounting operations. You will lead various areas within the accounting function including month-end close, financial reporting, G/L, AP, international accounting, payroll accounting, internal controls, etc. Your technical, operational, and process improvement skills will ensure the accounting organization is equipped to scale for our next phase of growth. This is a high visibility role that directly impacts strategic objectives to prepare the company for future growth.
We are looking for a driven, technically strong, hands-on individual who is passionate about accounting and driving process improvements to join our growing accounting team. This role requires strong leadership skills, excellent communication, strong knowledge of accounting principles including US GAAP, and the ability to work with many cross-functional teams.
What you'll do
- Operational Leadership: Provide strategic planning, direction, and coordination for accounting functions.
- Financial Consolidation: Manage global consolidation, ensuring the accurate and timely closure of monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting, including payroll.
- Accounts Payable Efficiency: Lead the AP team to ensure timely, accurate payments, and oversee key performance indicators (KPIs) to maintain efficiency.
- Accurate Financial Reporting: Ensure precise financial results reporting with thorough flux analyses in accordance with US GAAP. Prepare financial statements, schedules, and packages for internal and external financial reporting.
- Internal Controls: Develop and implement policies, procedures, and documentation to strengthen the company’s internal controls.
- Partnership & Collaboration: Partner with technical accounting for in-depth research and memos supporting financial positions and disclosures. Partner with FP&A, Financial Systems and other cross functional teams to identify, design and implement improvements with respect to business processes and financial reporting
- US GAAP & Statutory Compliance: Ensure compliance with US GAAP and statutory audits, and required compliance related filings for all domestic and international subsidiaries. Oversee internal and external financial reporting for audits, including statutory filings. Coordinate with external auditors to support annual audit procedures
- Cash Management: Oversee daily cash operations, covering forecasting, disbursements, and funding needs.
- Banking Relationships: Maintain and negotiate banking relationships, ensuring favorable terms and conditions.
- Build a Team: Provide leadership to build and strengthen the accounting team, with a commitment to recruiting, training and mentoring
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field. CPA or advanced degree in Accounting is a plus.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in accounting and finance with leadership roles at public, high-growth or pre-IPO companies and/or public accounting firms.
- Strong project management skills including high attention to detail, ability to prioritize and lead critical initiatives on concurrent timelines.
- Prior experience in a SaaS or enterprise software company is preferred.
- Experience in closing and consolidating foreign subsidiaries’ books, including proper recording and elimination of intercompany transactions and transfer pricing.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with executive leadership, external auditors, and stakeholders.
- Strong process orientation and experience in creating operational efficiencies, and building best-in-class processes across the accounting function.
- Possesses a sense of urgency; identifies challenges and problems and takes the initiative to identify solutions.
- Workday Financials and Payroll experience is preferred
Compensation awarded to successful candidates will vary based on their work location, relevant skills and experience. The base salary range for this role is $228,000 - $322,900 for work locations in San Francisco, Seattle, NYC and LA. Our total compensation package also includes the opportunity to receive benefits, restricted stock units, and may include incentive compensation. To learn more about our comprehensive benefit offerings, please check out Life at Airtable.
Airtable is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and strive to create a workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any characteristic protected by applicable federal and state laws, regulations and ordinances. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
If you have a medical condition, disability, or religious belief/practice which inhibits your ability to participate in any part of the application or interview process, please complete our Accommodations Request Form and let us know how we may assist you. Airtable is committed to participating in the interactive process and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants.
Please see our Privacy Notice for details regarding Airtable’s collection and use of personal information relating to the application and recruitment process by clicking here.