At Airtable we are passionate about how our product democratizes software creation and empowers anyone to “create anything.” Just like Lego blocks, what our customers can build with Airtable is virtually limitless. Airtable’s Analytics team moves quickly, setting direction for our company and measuring performance to drive growth.
As an Airtable’s Analytics Engineer, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of Airtable by deepening our understanding of our product and partnering with PMs, engineers, and designers. Analytics Engineers build the data foundation for reporting, analysis and experimentation. Using SQL, DBT, and Looker, you will transform data from data warehouse tables into critical self-serve data artifacts that power impactful analytic use cases (e.g. metrics, dashboards) and empower data consumers.
What you'll do
- Partner with product teams to deeply understand their work. Use this understanding to define, document, and own actionable metrics and dimensions to help guide Airtable.
- Understand where various opportunities fit into the broader strategy and prioritize competing demands to ensure the most impactful items are delivered.
- Develop high-impact data layers, user interfaces and other tools to enable self-service analytics.
- Develop and own critical reporting and dashboards that provide transparency into the business.
- Gather feedback and input on self-service implementations from product stakeholders and peers and create a cycle of continuous improvement.
- Keep a close eye on usage of the data products and engage in activities (socialization, documentation, etc.) designed to increase usage.
- Define logging needs in partnership with Data Engineering, Product Engineering, and Data Infra.
Who you are
- 3-5 years of experience working with data, ideally partnering with product stakeholders.
- You have the ability to write complex SQL, ad-hoc data pipelines, and data models, preferably in DBT.
- You are experienced with building and maintaining semantic layers and self-service technologies (Looker) for non-technical end-users.
- Deep familiarity with dimensional modeling/data warehousing concepts.
- Experience in at least one programming language for data analysis (e.g. Python, R)
- Analytically-minded, bringing data solutions and business impact together while having autonomy in managing cross-functional projects.
Compensation awarded to successful candidates will vary based on their work location, relevant skills and experience. The base salary range for this role is $167,000 - $207,000 for work locations in San Francisco, Mountain View, Seattle, NYC and LA. Our total compensation package also includes the opportunity to receive benefits, restricted stock units, and may include incentive compensation. To learn more about our comprehensive benefit offerings, please check out Life at Airtable.
Airtable is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and strive to create a workplace where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any characteristic protected by applicable federal and state laws, regulations and ordinances. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant.
If you have a medical condition, disability, or religious belief/practice which inhibits your ability to participate in any part of the application or interview process, please complete our Accommodations Request Form and let us know how we may assist you. Airtable is committed to participating in the interactive process and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants.
Please see our Privacy Notice for details regarding Airtable’s collection and use of personal information relating to the application and recruitment process by clicking here.