As Airtable scales as a product and company, we are looking for an experienced human-centric Engineering Manager for Airtable’s Connectivity team within the Platform group. The Connectivity team is responsible for building features that allow customers to understand the data that’s useful to them and import the right data easily from other systems of record. These features transform the lives of our customers by enabling them to build collaborative applications on top of relevant data helping break down data silos within their enterprises.
The team consists of a highly talented cohort of frontend, full stack and backend engineers and engineering managers. As a leader within this team you will reinforce a collaborative culture enabling each engineer to grow, innovate, and do their best work. You will have close interactions with our Product Managers and Designers to influence the product roadmap and ensure that these products deliver on customer value.
What you'll do
- Lead a high impact and diverse team of engineers in building some of Airtable’s defining features. Through strong partnerships with internal customers, i.e. product teams, you will deliver a roadmap that balances the needs of customers and the technical evolution of the owned services.
- Partner with Product Managers across the organization to come up with short and long term strategy and plans for the team.
- Partner with designers and engineers to set the technical strategy for the product.
- Continue promoting a culture of innovation, craftsmanship and customer focus.
Who you are
- Experience leading teams responsible for building mission critical product features with a high bar of technical and design quality.
- Experience working closely with Product Managers to define products and to drive adoption with customers.
- Experience working with designers to iteratively arrive at the end product.
- Experience managing and growing mid-level and senior engineers.
- Passionate about recruiting and growing diverse engineering teams.
- 5+ years experience as an engineer and 3+ years as a manager, or a similar combination. Preferably experience with leading teams of frontend and full-stack engineers.
What We Offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings account contribution
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health
- Family planning support via Carrot (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career development
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
- Supplemental reimbursement for Gender Affirmation procedures and services
- Access to pre-tax Transportation & Commuter Benefits
The compensation awarded to successful candidates will vary based on their location, relevant skills and experience. For Colorado based roles, the base salary range for this role is $228,000 - $322,905. The total compensation package also includes the opportunity to receive benefits, restricted stock units, and may include incentive compensation.
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 300,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $11.7 billion and raised $735 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!