Our mission at Airtable is to democratize software creation. We’re creating a no-code platform that lets anyone—from marketers to scientists to concert organizers—build software to power their team’s unique workflows.
But the Airtable platform is far from just “no-code.” Thousands of developers - from independent consultants to Fortune 50 systems engineers - are writing code that powers mission-critical software that runs on top of Airtable. Using our API’s, extensibility SDK, and scripting platform, these developers build integrations between Airtable and other data sources, custom UI to visualize data in Airtable, complex business logic to power internal workflows, and much more.
We’ve only just begun to scratch the surface of what’s possible when you can seamlessly combine no-code application creation with code-based extensibility.
This is where you come in. You’ll lead our Developer Relations team, charged with empowering developers to build on top of Airtable and representing the needs of these developers back to our product and engineering teams. You’ll set the vision and strategy for this team, building out the organization, content, programs, and tooling needed to grow and support our base of developers. You’ll help us define the developer platform itself, identifying high-leverage ways developers might extend Airtable and helping us craft powerful, low-friction developer experiences to actually build these extensions. And at the highest level, you’ll be defining what “Developer Relations” means in a low-code/no-code world.
What you'll do
- Build and lead our Developer Relations organization at Airtable.
- Define our overall Developer Relations strategy, set the team’s priorities, and craft how we measure its success and impact.
- Grow, coach, and develop a team of Developer Advocates, and define how this role should work at Airtable.
- Build and staff programs that empower our integration partners, customer-developers, and ecosystem of third-party consultants and developers, to ultimately deliver powerful products to Airtable’s end-users.
- Partner closely with our Developer Platform Engineering team to help set the platform roadmap and ensure we are building the right developer products for the right people.
Who you are
- You have experience building and leading a developer relations team.
- You have a track record of delivering developer programs that make a quantifiable impact.
- You’re an empathetic manager who is eager to stay close to the action, with an active hand in starting and contributing to developer relations projects.
- You get what makes developers tick, particularly those building software for large organizations.
- You’re a product thinker, with a strong perspective on what makes for a great developer experience.
- You thrive when building sustainable structure in a fast-moving and ambiguous environment.
What We Offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings account contribution
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health
- Family planning support via Carrot (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career development
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
- Supplemental reimbursement for Gender Affirmation procedures and services
- Access to pre-tax Transportation & Commuter Benefits
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 300,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $11.7 billion and raised $735 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!