As Airtable scales as a product and company, we are looking for an experienced human-centric engineering manager to join Airtable’s Low Code Creation team.The Low-code Creation team is responsible for building features that move and transform data, with the ultimate goal of preparing it for human involvement through UI (Automations), pseudo-code (formulas), and real code in a pre-configured environment (scripting). These features transform the lives of our customers by enabling them to digitize business logic, and inspire them to evolve and improve how they get work done.
The team consists of a highly talented cohort of frontend and full stack engineers committed to enabling creators to customize and extend logic, putting work into the right people’s hands, in the right format, at the right time; a critical step in Airtable’s mission to democratize software creation.
As a leader of this team you will help define the engineering and product roadmaps, help grow a dedicated and skilled group of engineers, and work closely with cross-functional teams to realize this vision.
Learn more about our Engineering team and values here.
What you'll do
- Lead a high impact and diverse team of engineers in building some of Airtable’s defining features. Through strong partnerships with internal customers, i.e. product teams, you will deliver a roadmap that balances the needs of customers and the technical evolution of the owned services.
- Partner with Product Managers across the organization to come up with short and long term strategy and plans for the team.
- Partner with designers and engineers to set the technical strategy for the product.
- Continue promoting a culture of innovation, craftsmanship and customer focus.
Who you are
- Experience leading teams responsible for building mission critical product features with a high bar of technical and design quality.
- Experience working closely with Product Managers to define products and to drive adoption with customers.
- Experience working with designers to iteratively arrive at the end product.
- Experience managing and growing mid-level and senior engineers.
- Passionate about recruiting and growing diverse engineering teams.
- 5+ years experience as an engineer and 3+ years as a manager, or a similar combination. Preferably experience with leading teams of frontend and full-stack engineers.
What We Offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings account contribution
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health
- Family planning support via Carrot (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career development
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
- Supplemental reimbursement for Gender Affirmation procedures and services
- Access to pre-tax Transportation & Commuter Benefits
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 300,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $11.7 billion and raised $735 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!