The Cloud Foundations team at Airtable provides the company with the fundamental capabilities and systems for the cloud providers on which all of our products run. Our priorities are to continuously improve our reliability and security while addressing the challenges of scale and engineering velocity. All of these are important components to the success of our products.
The team is seeking a DevOps Engineer to assist us in day to day management and automation of our cloud infrastructure and to provide assistance for Airtable engineering teams in resolving issues, onboarding, and utilizing infrastructure services. In this role, you will interact with many engineers from a wide range of teams at Airtable and gain a broad understanding of cross functional relationships and processes.
What you'll do
- Help new hires with onboarding and continuously improve the Infrastructure onboarding experience.
- Manage access, credentials, and permissions into our various environments and systems.
- Build automation and runbooks for many repeatable infrastructure tasks.
- Aid in the triage, research, and resolution of help and project requests from our partners across engineering.
- Work closely with security teams on cross functional tasks which help boost the security posture of Airtable’s infrastructure.
- Monitor and refine our alerts and notifications for critical infrastructure services.
- Help maintain existing compliance standards such as SOC 2 and ISO 27001 and acquire new compliance standards by building in compliance requirements and participating in audits
Who you are
- You enjoy solving operational problems and automating away infrastructure tasks.
- You strive to create good experiences for internal customers and partners by quickly addressing their requests, building easy to use tools, and communicating clearly
- You are comfortable and familiar with modern development practices and proficient in scripting and coding.
- Have a solid understanding of systems engineering principles, troubleshooting, and administration of cloud based environments.
- Experience with technologies such as Linux, networking, and other common infrastructure systems.
What We Offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings account contribution
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career development
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!